Just about two months after announcing the Mi Pad 4, Xiaomi has today introduced a Plus variant for the same. Simply called the Mi Pad 4 Plus, the new tablet offers a bigger 10.1-inch screen, a larger 8,620mAh battery, and a fingerprint sensor situated on the front, something which was oddly absent on the Mi Pad 4.
The rest of the specifications, however, remain identical. It’s powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660 chipset, 4GB of RAM, either 64GB or 128GB of onboard storage which can be expanded through a MicroSD card slot, and the Adreno 512 GPU. The display resolution is the same too at 1920 x 1200 pixels and a 16:10 aspect ratio. The Mi Pad 4 Plus comes preloaded with Android 8.1 with Xiaomi’s own MIUI skin on top. There’s also a software-based face unlock feature.
The camera arrangement houses a 13-megapixel f/2.0 lens on the rear and a 5-megapixel f/2.0 snapper on the front. The tablet is compatible with 4G as well, Bluetooth 5.0, and features a USB Type-C port. It weighs nearly half a kilo which is expected considering the mammoth-size 8,620 mAh battery.
There are two color options available — Black and Gold. It starts at 1899 yuan (~$275 / Rs. 19,280) for the 64GB variant and goes all the way up to 2099 yuan ($304 / Rs. 21,310) for 128GB. Sales commence on August 16th on the company’s own channel, Mi.com. As always, the Mi Pad 4 Plus is, for now, limited to the Chinese market with no word on global availability.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus Specifications
- Dimensions: 245.6 x 149.08 x 7.99mm; Weight: 485g
- 10.1-inch (1920 x 1200 pixels) WUXGA display, 16:10 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 14nm Octa-Core Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs), Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB RA, 64/128GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via a microSD card
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), MIUI
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, OV13855 sensor
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, Samsung S5K5E8 sensor
- Fingerprint sensor, AI face unlock
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO , Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C
- 8620mAh battery