In addition to the F9 Pro, Oppo also introduced the F9 smartphone in India. There aren’t a ton of differences between the two products except for the selfie camera which is a 16-megapixel lens instead of 25-megapixel, the lack of VOOC charging, slightly different gradients on the rear and lesser memory. It’s priced at 19,990 and will be available from Flipkart as well as Oppo stores.
Apart from that, the Oppo F9 features a 6.3-inch 1080p screen with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. It’s powered by MediaTek’s Helio P60 chipset, the same one found on the F9 Pro. There’s 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage which can be expanded through a dedicated MicroSD card slot. In addition, the phone comes with a 3500mAh battery which is not compatible with the company’s proprietary quick-charging technology, VOOC.
Moreover, the Oppo F9 has two camera sensors on the rear — a primary 16-megapixel f/1.8 lens coupled with a 2-megapixel secondary snapper for depth-sensing. On the front, you’ll find a 16-megapixel selfie sensor as well. There’s also a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and a standard headphone jack. Out of the box, you get Android 8.1 layered by Oppo’s own ColorOS skin.
Oppo F9 Specifications
- 6.3-inch LCD display, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- MediaTek MT6771 Helio P60 octa-core processor, Mali-G72 MP3
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256 GB through a MicroSD card slot
- Rear Camera: 16MP+2MP, f/1.8 primary aperture, LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Bluetooth 4.2, FM radio, MicroUSB 2.0, Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3500 mAh battery
- Android 8.1, ColorOS