Expanding its ‘Q’ series of mid-range smartphones, LG today launched the Q Stylus+ in India at a relatively affordable price tag (for a device with a stylus) of Rs.21,990. The Q Stylus+ is one of the three stylus devices LG had launched earlier this year but is the first of the trio to make it to Indian shores.
The phone comes with a metal body, and a 6.2-inch FHD+ FullVision display with an 18:9 screen ratio, thin bezels, and curved tempered glass. The device is powered by an unnamed “1.5 GHz octa-core” chipset and has 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage (expandable to 2 TB). It sports an 8 MP front camera and 16 MP rear one with Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF). Ensuring all this works for a while is a 3300 mAh battery. The smartphone is equipped with advanced DTS:X for up to 7.1 channel 3D surround sound while listening on earphones. The rear fingerprint sensor also doubles as the selfie camera shutter button. Other interesting features include USB Type-C fast charging, IP68 water and dust protection, with military standard MIL-STD 810G compliance.
But the key attraction of the device, as its name indicates, is the stylus. The stylus, according to the company press release, aims to “enhance convenience and functionality beyond the regular keyboard experience, for the times when writing is more productive and expressive than typing.” The smartphone can recognize and record handwritten notes even when the display is off. The release also points out that the stylus can be utilized to personalize captured images and videos to create animated GIFs.
“The LG Q Stylus adds another dimension to our series of exceptionally-priced mid-range phones that deliver amazing value to consumers. This phone is another example of LG’s promise to deliver a wider selection of devices this year with premium features designed to meet the diverse needs of today’s evolving smartphone users,” said Advait Vaidya, Business Head- Mobiles, LG India.
The phone is expected to compete with Xiaomi’s Poco F1 and other devices from Oppo and Vivo in this price segment and might be a headache for perhaps the Nokia 7 Plus. It certainly represents yet another attempt by a brand to make the stylus mainstream in the world of smartphones.
The LG Q Stylus+ will be available in stores from 5th Sep 2018.
LG Q Stylus+ Specifications
- Chipset: 1.5GHz Octa-Core
- Display: 15.74 (6.2) 18:9 FHD+ FullVision Display (2160 x 1080 / 389ppi)
- Memory: 4GB RAM / 64GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 8.1.0 Oreo
- Size: 160.15 x 77.75 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 172g
- Network: 4G LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / USB Type-C
- Colors: Aurora Black / Moroccan Blue
- Other: Stylus Pen / QLens / DTS:X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / Google Assistant / Fingerprint Scanner / Smart Rear Key / Fast Charging / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / FM Radio