ZTE’s Nubia has today announced a premium smartphone under its Z series. The new Nubia Z18 offers all the features we’ve come to expect such as a glass exterior, a tiny notch at the top of the screen, 8GB of RAM, and more for a starting price of 2799 yuan ($409/Rs. 29,350). It goes on sale in China from September 11th.
The Nubia Z18 comes with a 5.99-inch 1080p screen which has an aspect ratio of 18:9 and Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It’s powered by Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 845 chipset, 6GB or 8GB of RAM, 64GB or 128GB of onboard storage, and a 3450mAh battery which supports Quick Charge 4.0.
There’s a pair of 16-megapixel cameras on the Nubia Z18’s rear, both of which have an aperture of f/1.6. On the front, you’ll find an 8-megapixel wide-angle lens for selfies. Out of the box, the Nubia Z18 comes with an outdated Android 8.0 Oreo software with the company’s own skin, Nubia UI 6.0 on top. A rear-mounted fingerprint sensor is available too and the phone is compatible with two SIM cards.
There are two base color options — Midnight Black and Nebula Red. While the variant with 6GB, 64GB storage costs 2799 yuan, the 8GB and 128GB memory model is priced at 3299 yuan ($482 / Rs. 34,590). There’s also a limited Van Gogh Starlight Collector’s Edition which has the renowned artist’s work engraved on the rear. It will be available for 3,599 yuan ($526 / Rs. 37,740).
Nubia Z18 Specifications
- Dimensions: 148.58×72.54×8.55mm; Weight: 172g
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) FHD+ display, 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Octa-Core Mobile Platform, 2.8GHz, Adreno 630 GPU
- 6/8GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64/128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 8.0 (Oreo), Nubia UI 6.0
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C
- Rear Camera: 16MP primary f/1.6 lens, dual-tone LED flash, OIS, EIS, 16MP secondary f/1.6 lens
- Front Camera: 8MP, wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3450mAh battery, Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging