Meizu is the second Chinese phone maker to introduce its latest mid-range smartphone today after Xiaomi unveiled the Mi8 Lite. The new Meizu 16X comes with a handful of headlining features including an in-display fingerprint sensor and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 710 for a starting price of 2,098 yuan.
The Meizu 16X has a 6-inch 1080p screen on the front but unlike what you would expect from a phone in this price range, it’s an OLED panel instead of LCD. Underneath, the phone runs on the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core chipset coupled with 6GB of RAM, 3100mAh battery that does support quick charging, and either 64GB or 128GB of onboard storage.
Out of the box, you get Android 8.1 Oreo with the company’s own Flyme OS skin on top. The camera arrangement houses two rear cameras — a regular 12-megapixel f/1.8 lens and a secondary 20-megapixel telephoto f/2.6 lens. On the front, you will find a 20-megapixel f/2.0 snapper. The phone’s biggest highlight, however, is the fingerprint reader present under the screen.
There are three color options to choose from — Black, White, and Gold. The Meizu 16X starts at 2098 yuan (~Rs. 22,000) for the 64GB storage version, while the 128GB storage variant costs 2398 yuan (~Rs. 25,500). It is available for order starting today with sales commencing on September 26th in China.
Meizu 16X Specifications
- Dimensions: 151×73.5×7.5mm ; Weight: 154g
- 6-inch ( 1080 × 2160 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display, 402 PPI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 10nm Octa-Core Mobile Platform, Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64/128GB (UFS 2.1) internal memory
- Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), Flyme OS
- Rear Cameras: 12-megapixel wide-angle f/1.8 lens, 1/2.3″ Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, Four-axis OIS, PDAF, Laser auto-focus, a secondary 20-megapixel f/2.6 telephoto lens, Sony IMX350 sensor, 6-LED ring LED flash
- Front Camera: 20-megapixel, f/2.0 aperture, AI face unlock
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3100mAh battery. mCharge fast charging