Xiaomi has today refreshed one of its most popular smartphones in India with the launch of the Redmi Note 6 Pro. The new Redmi Note 6 Pro swaps the conservative front with a notch-equipped screen and adds another camera to the mix. It will go on sale starting tomorrow noon on Flipkart, Mi Home, and Mi.com at a price of Rs 13,999 for 4GB, 64GB and Rs 15,999 for the variant that comes with 6GB RAM. Buyers will purchase it tomorrow, though, can avail a discount of Rs 1,000 on both the models. In addition, HDFC card owners can get an additional Rs 500 cashback.
The Redmi Note 6 Pro’s biggest highlight is its two pairs of cameras situated both on the front and rear. On the back, you will find a regular 12-megapixel f/1.9 lens paired with a secondary 5-megapixel snapper for depth-sensing. Similarly, for selfies, you have a primary 20-megapixel shooter along with a 2-megapixel sensor. Both setups are capable of detecting scenes automatically, depth-of-field effects, and more.
The phone features a familiar all-aluminum design you will come across on nearly every other Redmi phone and a notch-equipped 6.26-inch 1080p screen. It’s powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 636 octa-core chipset (which is the same one found on its predecessor), 4GB or 6GB of RAM, 64GB of onboard storage which is expandable, and an ample 4000mAh battery.
The Redmi Note 6 Pro comes preloaded with Android 8.1 layered with the company’s own MIUI skin. In addition, it’s compatible with two SIM cards and sports a rear-mounted fingerprint reader. There are three color options to choose from — Black, Blue, Red, and Rose Gold.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Specifications
- Dimensions: 157.9 x 76.38 x8.2mm
- 6.26-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ display, 2.5D curved glass, 19:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 14nmOcta-Core Mobile Platform, 1.8GHz, Adreno 509 GPU
- 4/6GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB with a MicroSD card
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), MIUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5
- Rear Cameras: 12-megapixel primary sensor, dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, Dual PD focus, EIS, secondary 5-megapixel camera
- Front Cameras: 20-megapixel primary Sony IMX376 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, secondary 2-megapixel camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 4000mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0