After weeks of teasers, Oppo has today announced the R17 Pro in India. Justifying its Pro moniker, the flagship phone comes laden with a bunch of technologies including iridescent color options, three rear camera sensors, an in-display fingerprint reader, and SuperVOOC quick-charging technology which was up until now limited to a special edition of the Oppo Find X.
The Oppo R17 Pro’s biggest highlight, by far, is the rear camera arrangement. For starters, the primary 12-megapixel lens features a variable aperture between f/1.5 and f/2.4, similar to Samsung’s Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9. The secondary 20-megapixel sensor is included for depth information. The third sensor, however, is a Time of Flight (TOF) 3D sensing camera which can be employed for producing high-quality 3D images. On the front, you’ll find a 25-megapixel selfie snapper as well.
The phone also comes with a large 3,700mAh battery which can be quickly charged with Oppo’s SuperVOOC technology that can top up the device from 0% to 100% in just over half an hour. As for the specifications, the R17 Pro has a 6.4-inch 1080p screen with an aspect ratio of 19:9 and Gorilla Glass 6 protection. Underneath, there is Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 710 octa-core chipset, 8GB of RAM, and 128GB of onboard storage. Out of the box, it runs Android 8.1 layered over by the company’s own ColorOS skin.
The Oppo R17 Pro is priced at Rs 45,990 and will be available exclusively from Amazon starting 7th December, pre-orders for which are open now. HDFC credit and debit card owners can also avail a cashback of 10%.
OPPO R17 Pro Specifications
- Dimensions: 157.6×74.6×7.9mm; Weight: 183g
- 6.4-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display, 100% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, 19:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 10nm octa-core Mobile Platform, Adreno 616 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB internal storage
- Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, USB 3.1 Type-C, NFC
- ColorOS 5.2, Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12-megapixel rear camera, LED flash, f/1.5-f/2.4 variable aperture, OIS, 20-megapixel secondary rear camera with f/2.6 aperture, TOF 3D camera
- 25-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, AI, Sony IMX576 sensor
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3700mAh battery, SuperVOOC fast charging (10V/5A)