After a six-month-long lull, the Chinese brand, Meizu is today refreshing its budget line of phones in India with three new launches. One of them is the Meizu 16, a high-end phone which was announced way back in August and offers a host of impressive hardware including an in-display fingerprint reader and Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 845 chipset.
The Meizu 16 comes with a 6-inch tall OLED screen which has a resolution of 1080p. It’s powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor, up to 8GB of RAM, and 128GB of onboard storage which is not expandable. In addition, the phone runs on a 3010mAh battery which does support the company’s proprietary mCharge quick-charging technology.
As for the cameras, the Meizu 16 has two on the rear — a primary 12-megapixel sensor with an aperture of f/1.8 and another 20-megapixel telephoto lens. There’s even a 6-LED ring flash and four-axis Optical Image Stabilization. For selfies, the Meizu 16 features a 20-megapixel camera on the front which is also responsible for enabling the software-based facial authentication. Apart from that, the Meizu 16 has an in-display fingerprint sensor and is compatible with two SIM cards. It comes preloaded with Android 8.1 layered by a custom Flyme OS skin.
The Meizu 16 is priced at Rs 39,999 and will be available exclusively on Amazon starting today. There are two color options to choose from — Midnight Black and Moonlight White.
Meizu 16 Specifications
- Dimensions: 150.5×73.2×7.3mm ; Weight: 152g
- 6-inch ( 1080 × 2160 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display, 402 PPI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Octa-Core Mobile Platform, Adreno 630 GPU
- 6/8GB RAM, 64/128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Flyme OS
- Rear Cameras: 12-megapixel primary wide-angle lens, 1/2.3″ Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, Four-axis OIS, PDAF, secondary 20-megapixel telephoto lens, Sony IMX350 sensor, f/2.6 aperture, 6-LED ring LED flash
- Front Camera: 20-megapixel, f/2.0 aperture, AI face unlock
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3010mAh battery with mCharge fast charging