Alongside the higher end Meizu 16, Meizu has announced two new budget phones in India as part of its long overdue comeback — the Meizu C9, Meizu 6T. They’re priced at Rs 5,999 and Rs 7,999 respectively and will be available exclusively on Amazon starting today.
The Meizu C9 is the cheapest of the trio and the only one to feature a stock build of Android 8.0 instead of the company’s own Flyme OS skin. Apart from that, the phone offers entry-level specifications which include a 5.45-inch 720p screen, no fingerprint sensor, a quad-core processor clocked at 1.3GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, and a 3000mAh battery. It features a single 13-megapixel camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel snapper for selfies. It will be available in two color options — Black and White.
Meizu 6T sits between the Meizu C9 and Meizu 16 with an above-average set of hardware. It comes with a 5.7-inch tall 720p screen, an octa-core chipset, 3GB or 4GB of RAM, up to 64GB of onboard storage, and a 3300mAh battery. There are two camera sensors on the rear — a primary 13-megapixel lens and another 2-megapixel snapper for depth-sensing. Unlike the Meizu C9, the 6T also has a fingerprint reader on the back. There are two color options to choose from — Black and Red.
Meizu C9 Specifications
- Dimensions: 146.4x 70x 8.5mm; Weight: 140g
- 5.45-inch (1400 x 720 pixels) HD+ screen, 2.5D curved glass
- Quad-core SC9832E processor clocked at 1.3GHz, Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB with a microSD card
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- 13-megapixel rear camera, LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, Face Unlock
Meizu 6T Specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ display, 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass, 450 nits brightness
- Octa-core MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor, Mali T860 GPU
- 3/4GB RAM, 32/64GB storage, expandable storage up to 128GB with a microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat), Flyme OS 6.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Rear Cameras: 13-megapixel primary camera, LED flash, Sony IMX278 RGBW sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 2-megapixel secondary camera, f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions:152.3×73×8.4mm; Weight: 145g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE
- 3300mAh battery