Xiaomi Redmi 7 with Snapdragon 632 Goes Official in China starting at 699 yuan
After being teased for the past few weeks, the Xiaomi Redmi 7 is finally official, as the device has been officially launched at an event in China today, alongside the Redmi Note 7 Pro.
The Redmi 7 features a 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ display with an aspect ratio of 19:9, with 2.5D curved glass, and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on top. Under the hood, it is powered by a 14nm-based, 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 chipset with Adreno 506 GPU, paired with 2GB, 3GB, or 4GB of RAM, and 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB of internal storage (expandable up to 512GB using a microSD card). Additionally, it comes with 3.5mm audio jack, an IR sensor, and a fingerprint scanner on the rear for authentication. The Redmi 7 runs on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie and packs in a 3900mAh battery.
For optics, the Redmi 7 sports a dual camera setup on the rear, with a 12MP primary camera with f/2.2 aperture and a 2MP secondary sensor. And on the front, an 8MP camera for selfies.
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Specifications
- 6.26-inch HD+ display with an aspect ratio of 19:9 and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 14nm-based 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 chipset with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB, 3GB, or 4GB of RAM and 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB of internal storage (expandable up to 512GB using a microSD card)
- Dual (12MP primary sensor with f/2/2 aperture + 2MP secondary sensor) camera on the rear, 8MP camera on the front
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor, 3.5mm audio jack
- MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- 3900mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Pricing and Availability
The Redmi 7 comes in three colours: Blue, Red, and Black, and three RAM and internal storage variants: 2GB + 16GB, 3GB + 32GB, and 4GB + 64GB, priced at 699 yuan (~Rs 7,150 / USD 105), 799 yuan (~Rs 8,170), and 999 yuan (~Rs 10,215), respectively. The device will go on sale in China, starting March 26th, 2019.