At an event today in Thailand, Samsung has announced the newest smartphone in its A-series lineup, the Galaxy A80. The device is targeting the top-line of smartphones and comes with a 6.7-inch Full HD+ new Infinity Super AMOLED display, latest Octa-Core Snapdragon 730G chipset, and a rotating camera.
The Samsung Galaxy A80 features a 6.7-inch Full HD+ new Infinity Super AMOLED display with a 20:9 aspect ratio and 2400 x 1080 pixels screen resolution. It is powered by the latest Octa-Core Snapgradon 730G processor, paired with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. In terms of other hardware specifications, the Galaxy A80 comes dual 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C, Dolby Atmos sound, and in-display fingerprint scanner. And a 3700mAh battery with 25W super fast charging to power everything. It runs on Samsung’s One UI, based on Android Pie.
In terms of optics, the Galaxy A80 sports a rotating camera module with a 48MP primary shooter with f/2.0 aperture, an 8MP secondary ultra wide-angle shooter with 123° view angle, and a 3D Depth camera for live focus. The camera doubles as a selfie camera, and as soon as the user selects the selfie mode on the camera app, the triple rear cameras pop-up from the backside of the phone and rotate.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Specifications
- 6.7-inch Full HD+ Infinity Super AMOLED display with 20:9 aspect ratio
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 730G processor
- 8GB RAM, 128GB internal storage
- Triple camera (48MP primary shooter with f/2.0 aperture + 8MP secondary ultra wide-angle shooter with 123° view angle + 3D Depth camera for live focus)
- In-display Fingerprint sensor, Dolby Atmos
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C
- Samsung One UI based on Android Pie
- 3700mAh battery with 25W super fast charging
Samsung Galaxy A80 Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A80 comes in three colours: Angel Gold, Ghost White, and Phantom Black, and as of now, the company has not revealed the pricing for the device. We expect the Galaxy A80 to launch in several markets including India later this month.