Micromax Enters the Laptop-tablet Hybrid Market with the Micromax Canvas Laptab, Priced at Rs. 14,999
The phone market is getting pretty crowded in India, and domestic company Micromax is well aware of that. That’s why the company is entering a new category with its new Micromax Canvas Laptab. And, since the name is pretty straightforward, you probably realized this device is a laptop-tablet hybrid.
The Micromax Canvas Laptab is a 2-in-1 device which will be available starting May 6 exclusively on Amazon India at a price Rs. 14,999. Here are the main specs and features that you can find inside this new product:
- Windows 8.1 with Bing, upgradable to Windows 10 OS
- 10.1-inch IPS display with a WXGA (1280×800 pixels) resolution
- 1.83GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3735F processor coupled with 2GB of DDR3L RAM
- 32GB of inbuilt storage, expandable via a microSD card, 1TB of cloud storage on Microsoft’s OneDrive
- 2-megapixel rear and front-facing camera
- 7700mAh battery, with a usage time of 10 hours
- 210.8×124.2×9.95mm, weighs 1.1kgs, available in Black colour variant
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB and 3G
- 1 year of free subscription for Microsoft Office 365 Personal apps
The device comes with dual speakers placed either sides on the rear panel, so you can consider it a multimedia product, as well. Micromax had launched its first 4K TVs with Android in India in the previous month and now the company is expanding into the market of tablets and laptops. My guess is that they have confidence in the success of Windows 10, as well, and that they want to diversify their portfolio, as well.
Micromax isn’t stopping here with the Canvas LapTab, as this seems to be just the beginning of a bigger strategy. Vikas Jain, co-founder of Micromax, said the following:
We will launch five to six laptab models by March next year, which will more than 10-inches in screen size. We will move into pure laptops and pure personal computers overtime. We are thinking of manufacturing it in India.
While the laptop-tablet market isn’t as crowded as the smartphone, Micromax will have some strong competitors, such as HP, Dell, Lenovo, Acer and other. And yeah, have a look at the commercial from below to see how Micromax is trying to promote their product.