Lenovo has been gradually reviving its smartphone business of late and it’s continuing that today with the launch of the S5 Pro in China. The new smartphone comes with an all-aluminum design, four cameras, and 6GB of RAM for a price of 1298 yuan.
The Lenovo S5 Pro offers a 6.2-inch 1080p notch-equipped screen with an aspect ratio of 18.7:9. It’s powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 636 chipset, 6GB of RAM, 64GB or 128GB of onboard storage which can be expanded through a MicroSD card slot, and a 3500mAh battery that does support quick charging.
The phone has two cameras on both sides. On the rear, there’s a primary 20-megapixel sensor along with a 12-megapixel secondary shooter which is capable of 2X optical zoom. For selfies, you have another 20-megapixel primary snapper paired with an 8-megapixel secondary lens for depth-sensing. It comes preloaded with Android 8.1 and Lenovo’s own ZUI 5.0 skin on top.
The Lenovo S5 Pro will be available in three color options — Black, Blue, and Gold. It starts at 1298 yuan (~$187 / Rs. 13,755) for the 6GB RAM and 64GB storage variant. It will go on sale in China from October 23rd.
Lenovo S5 Pro Specifications
- Dimensions: 154.5×75.45×7.7mm; Weight: 170g
- 6.2-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display, 18.7:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 14nm Octa-Core Mobile Platform, 1.8GHz, Adreno 509 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64/128GB storage, expandable up to 128GB with a microSD card
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), ZUI 5.0
- Rear Cameras: 20-megapixel primary lens, LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 12-megapixel secondary rear camera with f/2.6 aperture, 2x optical zoom
- Front Cameras: 20-megapixel primary Sony IMX476 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 8-megapixel secondary camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging