Huawei’s sister brand, Honor has today introduced the successor to its C-series in India with the launch the Honor 8C. The Honor 8C comes with all the usual ingredients you’ll find on a modern smartphone including a notch-equipped screen, two rear cameras, and more.
The Honor 8C features a 6.26-inch HD display on the front which has an aspect ratio of 19:9. It runs on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 632 octa-core chipset with 4GB of RAM, up to 64GB of onboard storage which is expandable, and a 4000mAh battery that does not support quick charging.
There are two cameras on the rear — a primary 13-megapixel sensor with an aperture of f/1.8 and an another 2-megapixel f/2.4 snapper for depth-sensing. On the front, you will find an 8-megapixel camera for selfies as well along with a soft LED flash. The Honor 8C also has a fingerprint reader and comes preloaded with Android 8.1 layered over by the company’s own EMUI skin.
The Honor 8C is priced at Rs 11,999 for 4GB RAM, 32GB storage and Rs 12,999 for double the internal storage. It will go on sale exclusively on Amazon starting from December 10th. There are a bunch of color options as well — Aurora Blue, Magic Night Black, Platinum Gold, and Nebula Purple.
Honor 8C Specifications
- Dimensions: 158.72×75.94×7.98mm; Weight: 167.2g
- 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ display, 19:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 14nm octa-core Mobile Platform, clocked at 1.8GHz, Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32/64GB storage, expandable up to 256GB with a microSD card
- Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), EMUI 8.2
- Rear Cameras: 13-megapixel primary sensor, LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 2-megapixel secondary sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel, f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery