Nokia 7.1 Goes Official in India for Rs 19,999
HMD Global has extended its line of Android One-equipped smartphones today in India with the launch of the Nokia 7.1. Originally announced in early October, the new phone comes with a familiar all-glass exterior, a notch at the top of the screen, and a Snapdragon 636 chipset. It’s priced at Rs 19,999 and will go on sale starting 7th December across offline channels in two color options — Gloss Midnight Blue and Gloss Steel.
The Nokia 7.1 has a 5.84-inch 1080p screen and is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 636 octa-core chipset. In addition, the company says the LCD display is HDR10-compliant and has a Gorilla Glass 3 protection. As for the memory, there’s 3GB or 4GB of RAM, 32GB or 64GB of onboard storage which is expandable with a MicroSD card. Underneath, it runs on a 3060mAh battery which does support fast-charging that can top it up to 50% battery in about 30 minutes or so. A fingerprint reader is situated on the rear and the phone will be also available in dual-SIM variants depending on the region.
The Nokia 7.1 comes with two cameras on the rear — a regular 12-megapixel sensor with an aperture of f/1.8 and another 5-megapixel monochrome one for depth-sensing. On the front, there’s an 8-megapixel f/2.0 selfie snapper as well. The phone offers all the dual-camera trappings including “live bokeh”, Portrait Mode, and more. Like other Nokia phones, the Nokia 7.1 too is part of Google’s Android One club. Therefore, it comes preloaded with a stock build of Android Pie and will receive security updates for at least three years.
Commenting further on the launch, Ajey Mehta, Vice President, and Country Head, India, HMD Global, stated, “We know a lot of our fans in India enjoy creating videos and watching content on their smartphones. That’s why it was important for us to bring both ZEISS optics and PureDisplay technology together in a versatile device that offers a superior content experience, regardless of whether you’re taking photos for your social media or watching the latest series on your favorite streaming service.”
Nokia 7.1 Specifications
- Dimensions: 149.7 x 71.18 x 7.99mm; Weight: 160g
- 5.84-inch (2244 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ HDR 10 display, 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 14nm Octa-Core Mobile Platform, 1.8GHz, Adreno 509 GPU
- 3/4GB LPPDDR4x RAM, 32/64GB (eMMC 5.1), expandable up to 400GB with a microSD card
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, Type-C 2.0, NFC
- Android Pie
- Rear Cameras: 12-megapixel primary sensor, dual LED flash, f/1.8 aperture,1.28 um pixel size, ZEISS optics, 5-megapixel monochrome secondary rear camera, f/2.4 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel, f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree FOV
- Fingerprint sensor
- Nokia OZO audio
- 3060mAh battery with fast charging