Download Windows 8 Pro ISO Directly from Microsoft
Microsoft finally released the much anticipated Windows 8 OS a couple of days back and users can now Download Windows 8 ISO as we’ll explain further down in this article. Amidst lot of loopholes and confusions, Windows 8 has seen a lot of interest amongst users, which includes some new switchovers too.
Microsoft has made it extremely convenient for users to upgrade from Windows 7/Vista/XP to Windows 8 using the Windows Upgrade Assistant app. Using this app, users can check if their system qualifies for Windows 8 upgrade, if so, make the payment and purchase it for a nominal fee. Once the purchase is done, the upgrade assistant lets users to create Windows 8 ISO or as a bootable USB, so that one can use them in case of emergencies in the future.
But what if you went ahead and clicked “Install Now” option without creating the ISO or bootable USB? Well, you don’t need to fret. You can go back and Download Windows 8 ISO any time you like to, assuming you have purchased and possess a valid and genuine Windows 8 product key.
Download Windows 8 ISO
1. Look for the email you would’ve got after purchasing the Windows 8 upgrade from Microsoft. Yes, that same email containing the WIndows 8 product key, with the sender’s name as “Microsoft Customer Support”. Here, you’d see a link to download the ISO as shown below:
Update: In case you have misplaced the email, visit the Microsoft Windows website and click on the Install Windows 8 button there to download the file to your PC.
2. Clicking on the link, downloads the Windows 8 Setup File which you are required to run on your Windows PC.
3. In the next screen, you’ll be asked to enter the Windows 8 product key which you’ll see in the same email. Copy paste it on this screen & click Next.
4. It will now validate your Windows 8 product key and shows you the version of Windows 8 you’re eligible to download as ISO. Click Next.
5. It will now start to download the Windows 8 Pro ISO which is approximately 2GB in size. Wait for the download to complete.
6. Once done, the setup will check for errors and you’ll be given options to either Install Now, or Install by creating media, or even Install later from your desktop. Select the second option: Install by creating media. Click Next.
7. Now you’ll land in the screen you were waiting for: option to either download the Windows 8 ISO file or as a bootable USB. Choose ISO file and click Next.
8. Choose the folder where you want to save the ISO file and you’re done. Burn the ISO into a DVD in order to use it in cases of reinstallations.