HMD Global’s highly-rumored Nokia 7.1 smartphone is now official. The new budget phone, as the leaks suggested, comes with a familiar all-glass exterior, a notch at the top of the screen, and a Snapdragon 636 chipset. It starts at $349 and will be available for pre-order in the United States from October 5th. Sales begin on October 28th. There are two color options — Gloss Midnight Blue and Gloss Steel.
The Nokia 7.1 has a 5.84-inch 1080p screen and is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 636 octa-core chipset. In addition, the company says the LCD display is HDR10-compliant and has a Gorilla Glass 3 protection. As for the memory, there’s 3GB or 4GB of RAM, 32GB or 64GB of onboard storage which is expandable with a MicroSD card. Underneath, it runs on a 3060mAh battery which does support fast-charging that can top it up to 50% battery in about 30 minutes or so. A fingerprint reader is situated on the rear and the phone will be also available in dual-SIM variants depending on the region.
The Nokia 7.1 comes with two cameras on the rear — a regular 12-megapixel sensor with an aperture of f/1.8 and another 5-megapixel monochrome one for depth-sensing. On the front, there’s an 8-megapixel f/2.0 selfie snapper as well. The phone offers all the dual-camera trappings including “live bokeh”, Portrait Mode, and more. Like other Nokia phones, the Nokia 7.1 too is part of Google’s Android One club. Therefore, it comes preloaded with a stock build of Android 8.1 and will be first in line for the forthcoming Android Pie update.
Nokia 7.1 Specifications
- Dimensions: 149.7 x 71.18 x 7.99mm; Weight: 160g
- 5.84-inch (2244 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ HDR 10 display, 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 14nm Octa-Core Mobile Platform, 1.8GHz, Adreno 509 GPU
- 3/4GB LPPDDR4x RAM, 32/64GB (eMMC 5.1), expandable up to 400GB with a microSD card
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, Type-C 2.0, NFC
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Rear Cameras: 12-megapixel primary sensor, dual LED flash, f/1.8 aperture,1.28 um pixel size, ZEISS optics, 5-megapixel monochrome secondary rear camera, f/2.4 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel, f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree FOV
- Fingerprint sensor
- Nokia OZO audio
- 3060mAh battery with fast charging