Following a series of leaks and rumors, HMD Global has finally (and officially) announced the Nokia X7 in China. Possibly named as Nokia 7.1 Plus globally, the X7 is a worthy upgrade to the Nokia 7 Plus which was launched earlier this year. The Nokia X7 comes with a 6.18-inch Full HD+ 18.7:9 display with DCI-P3 wide color gamut and HDR video playback. The back of the phone is now glass (like other X series smartphones).
The phone is amongst the first devices to run on the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor with up to 6GB of RAM and up to 128GB of storage. Sadly, the X7 still runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box, but knowing HMD, it should soon be upgraded to Android 9 Pie.[techcontwntad name=”same”]
The primary camera on the rear is a 12MP Sony IMX 363 sensor with f/1.8 aperture and OIS support with ZEISS optics with a secondary 13MP sensor for depth sensing. Nokia claims some AI prowess to the X& camera with up to 18 different scene detection. The front camera is a 20MP f/2.0 sensor which allows pixel binning that can combine four pixels to form 1.8μm large pixel. There is a fingerprint scanner on the back and packs a 3500mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging (Qualcomm QC 3.0)
Nokia X7 Specifications
- 6.18-inch Full HD+ display with 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 500 nits brightness, 96% NTSC Color gamut, DCI-P3, 1500:1 Contrast ratio
- Snapdragon 710 octa-core chipset manufactured on 10nm FinFET; Adreno 616 GPU
- RAM: 4GB/6GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64GB/128GB eMMC 5.1 with microSD support up to 400GB
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP + 13MP rear camera with OIS
- 20MP front camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Nokia OZO Stereo Audio recording
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging support
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C
Nokia X7 Price and Availability
The Nokia X7 is priced at 1699 RMB in China (~USD 250/ INR 18,000) for the 4GB RAM/64GB Storage variant, 1999 RMB (~USD 290/INR 21,000) for 6GB RAM/64 GB storage and finally 2499 RMB (~USD 365/ INR 26,000) for 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. The phone comes in four color options – Dark Blue, Red, Silver and Midnight Black and will go on sale in China starting October 23rd. Global launch is expected soon.