Lenovo’s Upgraded Z5 Pro GT is the First Phone with Snapdragon 855 and 12GB of RAM
If you thought the smartphone industry is just getting started with 10GB RAM phones, Lenovo has a surprise for you. The phone maker today introduced an upgraded variant of its sliding camera equipped Z5 Pro with a staggering 12GB of RAM and Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 855 flagship chipset.
Lenovo claims, courtesy of all that power lying around, the Z5 Pro GT outpaces Apple’s iPhone XS lineup in Antutu benchmark tests. In addition to that, the upgraded Z5 Pro comes with 512GB of onboard storage and features a revamped carbon fiber exterior which is designed to resemble a supercar, apparently.
The rest of the hardware is, however, identical. There’s an all-screen which houses the 6.39-inch 1080p display, two rear cameras — 16-megapixel + 24-megapixel, a 16-megapixel selfie camera, and an in-display fingerprint scanner. The phone runs on a 3350mAh battery and even comes equipped with a secondary IR camera on the front for facial recognition.
The new Lenovo Z5 Pro GT is priced at 2,698 Yuan (~$400) for the base 6GB RAM, 128GB storage option, 2,998 Yuan ($430) for 8GB RAM, 3998 Yuan ($580) for 8GB RAM, 256GB storage, and 4398 Yuan ($638) for 12GB RAM, 512GB storage. It will go on sale starting next year from January 24th, preorders of which will begin at 10 AM on January 1st.
Lenovo Z5 Pro GT Specifications
- Dimensions: 155.12×73.04×9.3mm ; Weight: 210g
- 6.39-inch ( 1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor
- 6/8/12GB RAM, 64/128/512GB onboard storage
- Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C, NFC
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), ZUI 10
- Rear Cameras: 16-megapixel primary Sony IMX519 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, Dual-tone LED flash, a secondary 24-megapixel camera with Sony IMX576 sensor, f/1.8 aperture
- Front Camera: 16-megapixel primary camera with f/2.2 aperture, secondary 8-megapixel IR camera for facial recognition
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos
- 3350mAh battery