After numerous teasers and leaks, Lenovo has today officially launched the Z6 Pro smartphone at an event in China. The device is a successor to the Z5 Pro that launched last year and comes with a waterdrop notch, 3D curved glass back, quad-camera setup, and liquid-cooling.
In terms of design, the Lenovo Z6 Pro features a 3D glass design on the back and a 6.39-inch AMOLED display with HDR 10 and Corning Gorilla Glass protection on top. For performance, the device comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU, paired with 6GB or 8GB of RAM and 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB of internal storage. It comes with a massive 4000mAh battery with 27W fast charging, OTG reverse charging and runs on ZenUI based on Android 9 Pie. Other enhancements include a Game Turbo mode, liquid-cooling, U-Touch, and U Health. For authentication, it comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner and facial unlock to offer seamless and faster unlocking experience.
Talking about the optics, the Lenovo Z6 Pro sports an AI-powered quad-camera setup on the rear with a 48MP primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture, a 16MP secondary wide-angle sensor, an 8MP telephoto sensor, and a fourth 2MP sensor. Additionally, the camera setup also includes a ToF sensor, a PDAF sensor, OIS, along with features like Super Night Scene, Super Macro, Super Wide Angle, Super Body, and Dual Scene. On the front, the device has a 32MP camera for selfies and facial recognition.
Lenovo Z6 Pro Specifications
- 6.39-inch AMOLED display with HDR 10 and Corning Gorilla Glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB or 8GB RAM, and 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB internal storage
- Quad camera setup on the rear (48MP primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture + 16MP secondary wide-angle sensor + 8MP telephoto sensor + 2MP sensor), 32MP camera on the front
- In-display fingerprint scanner and facial unlock
- Game turbo mode and liquid-cooling
- 4000mAh battery with 27W fast charging, OTG reverse charging
- ZenUI based on Android 9 Pie
Lenovo Z6 Pro Pricing and Availability
The Lenovo Z6 Pro comes in two colour options: Black and Blue. It is offered in four configurations: 6GB + 128GB, 8GB + 128GB, 8GB + 256GB, and 12GB + 512GB for a price of CNY 2,899 (USD 430/ Rs 30,000), CNY 2,999 (USD 446/ Rs 31,125), CNY 3,799 (USD 565/ Rs 39,430), and CNY 4,999 (USD 744/ Rs 51,870) respectively. The registrations for the device are open in China and it will go on its first sale on April 29 at 10 AM local time. Lenovo is also bringing a 5G variant of the Lenovo Z6 Pro to China, however, the pricing and availability of it are still unknown.