Realme UI based on Android 10 announced in India
Earlier last year, Realme announced its plan to introduce its own custom UI based on ColorOS 7 (and Android 10) for its upcoming smartphones. Later, in November, the company unveiled the roadmap for this customized UI. According to which, the Realme UI will roll-out starting January 2020. And so, today, Realme has finally announced its custom UI, the Realme UI, in India.
As already mentioned, the Realme UI is based on ColorOS 7 and Android 10. The company says the new UI offers a near stock-Android experience and includes a bunch of exciting features. It is touted to offer Seamless Fun for its users with new add-ons and improvements in terms of the design, functionality, and optimization. For which, the UI includes new system colors, icons, wallpapers, and animations, that come together to offer an immersive user experience. Realme says the app icon on the Realme UI follows the Real Design concept and uses the core elements found in common household items as inspiration.
Realme UI Highlights
- Ability to customize icon size and style with the option to choose icon shape, size, and third-party fonts.
- Set of new wallpapers inspired by the natural elements.
- Use of quantum animation engine to improve the screen fluency and offer better animations.
- Inclusion of Focus mode to isolate users from the outside world while also playing relaxing music in the background to help them concentrate better.
- Improved 3-Finger Screenshot, with users now only required to touch and hold the screen with three fingers for a few seconds, after which, they swipe down to select a specific area.
- Implementation of Personal Information Protection feature, which essentially shows empty information pages when apps request personal user information.
- Offering always-on display in the form of Screen-Off display to show important information like notification count, time, battery, etc when the screen is turned off.
Those were some of the interesting features of the all-new Realme UI. Besides, Realme announced that it plans to show recommendations to promote apps and product links in the Phone Manager app and Security Check page. However, it would offer users’ the option to turn-off recommendations with a single click.