After a successful start to the Mega Christmas giveaway with SnagIt 9.1 free licenses, we present to you a very useful Internet Security suite – Rising Internet Security 2009. True, many of you might not have even heard of this, but trust me its a quality product which does its work efficiently with minimal consumption of your PC’s resources. We have 30 Free licenses of the latest version of Rising Internet Security to be given away today. If the response for the giveaway exceeds our expectation, 30 more licenses will be made available by the developer.
Please spread the word so that your friends, family and colleagues can enter the giveaway as well. If you are a blogger, you can let your readers know about it by writing a post and help them win a free license. Any other way of promoting the giveaway like tweeting it, sharing on Facebook, digging or stumbling will be highly appreciated.
Rising Internet Security 2009 – Overview
Rising Internet Security 2009 is developed by a Chinese software company by the same name in Beijing. It provides antivirus protection and customizable personal firewall service both, and protects your computer against all types of Internet threats. With Rising Cloud Security project, it provides you zero day security response and protection. Some of you might have doubt on this company because it is based of China but it has passed VB100 test 3 times and their other product Rising Antivirus has been included into Google Pack China. Now, that is something you just cannot ignore, isn’t it?
Rising Internet Security 2009 – Features
- Antivirus & Antispyware Protection – Protection from Trojans, worms, rootkits and other malware. The detection rate is very good and false positives are pretty less as well.
- Firewall Protection – Two-way personal firewall protection with separate administrator and user account, easy to use feature.
- File Monitor – Automatically detects viruses in active files and prevents them from infecting your computer.
- Email Monitor – Scans inbound (POP3) and outbound (SMTP) emails for malware.
- HIPS System Reinforcement – Monitors and protects windows vulnerabilities against system attacks by malicious programs, easily customizable as per your needs.
- Application Control – Monitors the operational status of applications and block suspicious behavior of processes.
- USB PLUS Security – The USB/CD/DVD Monitor blocks malware on USB Media, CD/DVD, and network drives automatically.
- Web Trojan Defense – Automatically blocks malicious web scripts and viruses and prevents them from infecting your computer.
- Malicious Behavior Interceptor – Monitors programs in the system for possible malicious behavior. Suspicious activity is halted and awaiting your approval.
- URL Alert – The URL Filter blocks phishing and other malicious websites.
- Intrusion Detection – The Intrusion Detection protects your computer against a wide variety of cyber attacks.
- Rising Standby Scan – Rising standby Scan checks your computer for malware while it runs idle.
Unlike many popular Internet security suites which are bloated up and heavy on systems, Rising Internet security is light-weight and effective at the same time. This is what impress me the most.
File Size: 80.44 MB
Supported OS: Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/64 Bit [not officially supported on Windows 7] Price: $30
You can download the TRIAL version here.
Rising Internet Security 2009 – Free licenses giveaway
The guys from Rising have shared 30 Licenses to be given away for the readers of TechPP. They have also promised that at-least 30 additional licenses can be spared if more number of you are interested and participate by commenting below. So, spread the word, share the post and get more people participate. Leave a comment below making sure you enter a VALID eMail address in the comment form. All the winners will be contacted via eMail directly. Contest closes at 11:59 pm IST [6:29 pm GMT] on 27th Nov 2009. We might be needed to share the details like email IDs of the winners with the contest sponsors, but we will never share the personal details of other contestants.
Optionally, you can Subscribe to the RSS feed or via EMail for the latest updates on TechPP Mega Christmas Giveaway. You can follow us on Twitter or fan us on Facebook.
Tomorrow, we will have a popular ‘Manager‘ software will be up for grabs. Make sure you don’t miss that as well!
Kayce Crews, Jon N, clydeman, TarekNY, Zoe, Manolo, Deepak, Vishwesh, Johnson Cheung, sunkumarspace, Boris, colin, Jom, Bindu, Sanjeev, soon kwang yong, Glassnost, pkarlosh, jim, racco, hafiz, Tman, kitharass, Malvinder Virdi, bill ehm, ck, thelemontree10, Harold Short, Hubby Izzuddin, sharath