Android 4.3 Factory Images for Nexus 4, 7, 10 & Galaxy Nexus Available for Download
Even though Google has announced the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update only minutes ago, the images for the operating system are available for download right now. For those that can’t wait for the over-the-air update, or who have rooted their devices and don’t receive OTA updates, these ROMs will allow them to install the Stock Android 4.3. The ROMs are available for download on the Google Developers website and they are for the Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and Galaxy Nexus.
Download Android 4.3 Images for your device
These updates are available for download from the Google Developers page, where users can find other ROMs for different Nexus devices. Also, keep in mind that you will have to manually install these updates. So, for those that don’t want to wait for the OTA update, here are the Android 4.3 ROM Images:
- Factory Image “mantaray” for Nexus 10 – Android 4.3 (JWR66V) / MD5 Checksum: f80f2251356388b7151ac817cfada671
- Factory Image “occam” for Nexus 4 – Android 4.3 (JWR66V) / MD5 Checksum: 9d33973a61fa9266244fc43397888703
- Factory Images “nakasi” for Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) – Android 4.3 (JWR66V) / MD5 Checksum: 77e304584c4f192761234a9e1eb2fbe3
- Factory Images “nakasig” for Nexus 7 (Mobile) – Android 4.3 (JWR66V) / MD5 Checksum: 0f426a1981338b637aa12ff7bbd197be
- Factory Images “takju” for Galaxy Nexus “maguro” (GSM/HSPA+) (with Google Wallet) – Android 4.3 (JWR66V) / MD5 Checksum: 6fcb316e2ce5226e1d0397b74c50db50
- Factory Images “yakju” for Galaxy Nexus “maguro” (GSM/HSPA+) – Android 4.3 (JWR66V) / MD5 Checksum: b771c16592ab447c4fe91f0c5436ca11
Now you can download and install Android 4.3 on your Nexus device without having to wait for the OTA update to reach you. Keep in mind that if you root your device and unlock your bootloader it will erase all information on it.
Installing The Android 4.3 Images
For you to install these images, you will need to install adb/fastboot on your computer and flash the images to your device from command line. After downloading the images, search for the adb/fastboot installer, which can be found easily on the XDA Developers forum and follow the instructions that are widely available on the Internet.