Lenovo has extended its Moto lineup in India with the launch of the Moto M which was originally announced a month ago in China. While there’s nothing peculiar about the mid-range handset, it is worth noting that unlike the Moto Z series, the Moto M isn’t compatible with the Moto Mod external accessories.
Moto M, in terms of design, features an all-metal build with a curved back and a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD panel up front. Underneath, the phone is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P15 processor clocked at 2.2Ghz, 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM, Mali T860MP2 GPU, 32/64GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 256GB via a MicroSD card, and there’s a 3050mAh non-removable battery which also supports fast charging.
The camera arrangement includes a rear 16 MP f/2.0 lens bundled with Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), a single LED flash, and a front-facing 8 MP sensor with a pixel size of 1.12 µm that should promise detailed selfies even in dull lighting scenarios. Furthermore, the Moto M comes with a fingerprint scanner placed on the back, Dual-SIM support, 4G LTE, Voice Over LTE (VoLTE), and even NFC. Lastly, it runs on a rather old Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with some minor Moto-specific additions.
Moto M will be available at a price of Rs 15,999 for the 32GB variant on Flipkart midnight tomorrow in only Gold color as of now. The 64GB variant has been priced a shade higher at Rs 17,999. Also, Lenovo is also offering a couple of introductory offers for early buyers including,
- Exchange offer of up to INR 2000 on your old smartphone
- Flat INR 1000 off with Citibank credit cards
- Get Rs. 1000 off on the Moto Pulse 2 Headset (at INR 499)
- EMI scheme starting at INR 776 per month
Moto M Specifications
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD panel, 401ppi pixel density, 2.5D glass
- 151.35×75.35×7.85mm, 163 grams
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P15 processor clocked at 2.2Ghz, 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM, Mali T860MP2 GPU
- 32/64GB internal storage, SD card support up to 256GB
- 3050mAh non-removable battery, fast charging, USB Type-C port
- Hybrid SIM slot, 4G LTE, VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.1, NFC, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Fingerprint sensor, Dolby Atmos audio enhancement
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Rear Camera: 16 MP f/2.0 lens, Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), a single LED flash, 1 µm pixel size
- Front-facing Camera: 8 MP sensor, pixel size of 1.12 µm