Oppo F7 with a Notch-Equipped Display and 25-Megapixel Selfie Camera Goes Official in India
Oppo has today officially took the wraps off its new mid-range smartphone in India, the Oppo F7. Priced at Rs 21,990, it features a routine set of hardware which in this day and age means a notch-equipped display, a beefed up selfie camera, and of course, face unlock. The Oppo F7 will be available through offline as well as online channels.
The Oppo F7 flaunts a glass rear and metallic edges. The front is largely dominated by a 6.2-inch Full HD+ screen with an aspect ratio of 19:9. Apart from the tiny bezel on top that houses a couple of sensors and borders along the sides, the F7’s display is nearly edge-to-edge. It’s powered by a MediaTek Helio P60 octa-core chipset, 4/6GB of RAM, 64/128GB internal storage, and a 3400mAh battery.
The biggest highlight of the Oppo F7 is the front-facing 25-megapixel camera sensor which also features a slew of software features for applying artificial makeup, masks, and filters. The front camera, surprisingly, also comes with an HDR mode which should help it produce more vivid shots in both daylight and night scenarios.
There’s a 16-megapixel f/2.0 lens on the rear along with dual-tone LED flash. The Oppo F7 comes preloaded with ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1. In addition to the rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, you can also unlock the phone with your face.
The Oppo F7 is priced at a sum of Rs 21,990 and will go on sale starting from next month’s 9th. There are three color options — Diamond Black, Moonlight Silver & Solar Red. The Diamond Black and Solar Red variants also have a 6GB RAM+128GB variant which will be exclusively available from Oppo stores for Rs 26,990.
In addition to that, Oppo is holding a flash sale on the 2nd April for a day at 777 of its stores. Buyers who purchase the phone there will be eligible for 5% cash back on ICICI cards, an additional 120GB 4G data on Reliance Jio, and a one-time screen replacement.
The Oppo F7 is a direct competitor to the Vivo V9 which was introduced a few days before. Both share a series of similarities including a selfie-focused camera arrangement, iPhone X-esque display choices, and are priced in the same bracket. We’ll be pitting both the phones against each other to see which one is more worthy of clicking your selfies, hence stay tuned for that.
Oppo F7 Specifications
- Dimensions: 156 x 75.3 x 7.8mm ; Weight: 158g
- 6.23-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ IPS display, 19:9 aspect ratio
- MediaTek Helio P60 12nm octa core processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs), 800MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 4/6GB RAM, 64/128GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2
- ColorOS 5.0, Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera, LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, HDR, Sony IMX576 sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery