HMD Global backed reincarnated Nokia has launched three new smartphones namely Nokia 6, Nokia 7 Plus and the Nokia 8 Sirocco in India. Among the trio, the Nokia 8 Sirocco is the most powerful and naturally the most expensive offering from the Finnish brand. It’s also Nokia’s first flagship offering since its rebirth and would knock head with other heavyweight competitors like the Samsung Galaxy S9 and the Apple iPhone 8.
The Nokia 8 Sirocco embodies a design which is a mix of beauty and functionality. The designers at HMD Global has given close attention to detail while making this flagship smartphone. It comes carved out of a single block of stainless steel, which in turn gives the Nokia 8 Sirocco the much sought after rigidity over aluminum body counterparts. Additionally, the smartphone features diamond cut edges which give the smartphone an overall posh appearance. There’s, however, no way of escaping the fact, that the Nokia designer may have taken some major design inspiration from the ones at Samsung. The reason for such a blatant correlation is the presence of the dual-edged display on the top of the smartphone.
The all-new flagship is by far the slimmest phone from Nokia yet. It measures 7.5mm at its thickest portion, with the thinnest part being just 2mm. The slim profile and the rear glass back had also helped Nokia to incorporate wireless charging technology into the smartphone. Underneath the hood, resides the last generation Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor backed by Adreno 540 GPU. Apparently, its predecessor, the Nokia 8 also came with a similar chip.
The main talking point of the new Nokia is its dual rear camera setup. Just like previous Nokia Windows-powered flagship, this too comes with a Carl Zeiss lens. The rear setup comprises a 12MP primary wide-angle Zeiss lens and a 13MP secondary zoom lens. Moreover, the device comes with IP68 water and dust resistance and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Nokia 8 Sirocco Specifications
- 5.5-inch QHD (2,560 x 1,440p) pOLED Dual Edged Display with Always-On Display and 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (4 x 2.5GHz Kryo + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo) octa-core processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDRR4 RAM/128GB Internal Storage + Up to 256GB Expandable Storage
- Dual Rear Camera with 12MP f/1.75 Primary Zeiss Lens and 12MP f/2.6 Lens with 2X Optical Zoom
- 5MP f/2.0 Front Facing Camera with 84 degrees wide FOV
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistance
- Wireless Charging Support/Fingerprint Sensor
- Nokia OZO audio with 3 mics
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GLONASS, A-GPS, BDS
- 3,260mAH battery with Quick Charge 4.0
- Android Oreo 8.0 with support for Google’s Android One Project
- Color: Black
The Nokia 8 Sirocco runs on Android Oreo 8.0, and come with support for Google’s latest Android One project. This will enable the premium Nokia device to receive Android updates faster than ever. HMD Global has priced the smartphone at Rs 49,999 in India. It will be available for preorders in Black color starting April 20. The first round of sale is scheduled to take place on Flipkart on April 30. Besides, the flagship smartphone would also be available in Nokia Mobile Shop and select outlets.