Nokia 5.1 Plus with Android One Launched in India
HMD Global brought two new budget smartphones in India, one of which is the Nokia 5.1 Plus which is essentially the Nokia X5 with a different name. The Nokia 5.1 Plus, like other Nokia phones, comes with Android One and a notch-equipped tall screen. It will be available on HMD Global’s own store and Flipkart sometime in September. The pricing will be revealed later.
The Nokia 5.1 Plus features a glass exterior and a 5.86-inch 720p screen with an aspect ratio of 19:9. The phone is powered by MediaTek’s Helio P60 octa-core chipset, 4GB of RAM, 64GB internal storage which is expandable, and a 3000mAh battery.
There are two camera sensors on the rear — a 13-megapixel primary f/2.0 lens and a secondary 5-megapixel snapper. On the front, you’ll find an 8-megapixel selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.2.
The Nokia 5.1 Plus’ biggest highlight, however, is that it features a stock build of Android 8.1 making it a direct competitor to Xiaomi’s Mi A1. Dual-SIM and Dual 4G VoLTE compatibility are available as well. There’s also a fingerprint reader situated on the rear and a USB Type-C port on the bottom.
Nokia 5.1 Plus (X5) Specifications
- Dimensions: 149.51 x 71.98 x 8.096 mm; Weight: 160g
- 5.86-inch ( 720×1520 pixels) HD+ screen, 19:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass
- MediaTek Helio P60 12nm octa-core processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs), 800MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 3/4GB RAM, 32/64GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) OS
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C
- Rear Cameras: 13-megapixel primary f/2.0 lens, LED Flash, secondary 5-megapixel sensor
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel camera, f/2.2 aperture, 80.4-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3000mAh battery