HMD Global brought two new budget smartphones in India, one of which is the Nokia 5.1 Plus which is essentially the Nokia X5 with a different name. The Nokia 5.1 Plus, like other Nokia phones, comes with Android One and a notch-equipped tall screen. It will be available on HMD Global’s own store and Flipkart sometime in September. The pricing will be revealed later.
The Nokia 5.1 Plus features a glass exterior and a 5.86-inch 720p screen with an aspect ratio of 19:9. The phone is powered by MediaTek’s Helio P60 octa-core chipset, 4GB of RAM, 64GB internal storage which is expandable, and a 3000mAh battery.
There are two camera sensors on the rear — a 13-megapixel primary f/2.0 lens and a secondary 5-megapixel snapper. On the front, you’ll find an 8-megapixel selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.2.
The Nokia 5.1 Plus’ biggest highlight, however, is that it features a stock build of Android 8.1 making it a direct competitor to Xiaomi’s Mi A1. Dual-SIM and Dual 4G VoLTE compatibility are available as well. There’s also a fingerprint reader situated on the rear and a USB Type-C port on the bottom.
Nokia 5.1 Plus (X5) Specifications
- Dimensions: 149.51 x 71.98 x 8.096 mm; Weight: 160g
- 5.86-inch ( 720×1520 pixels) HD+ screen, 19:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass
- MediaTek Helio P60 12nm octa-core processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs), 800MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 3/4GB RAM, 32/64GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) OS
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C
- Rear Cameras: 13-megapixel primary f/2.0 lens, LED Flash, secondary 5-megapixel sensor
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel camera, f/2.2 aperture, 80.4-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3000mAh battery