LG has upgraded its Q series budget lineup in India with the launch of a successor to last year’s Q6. The new LG Q7 comes with a host of features which will allow it to stand out in the crowded space. This includes IP68 certified water resistance, military-grade durability, quick charging, and more. The phone will be available from 1st of September for a sum of Rs 15,990 in two colors — Aurora Black and Moroccan Blue.
The LG Q7, on the front, has a 5.5-inch tall screen with a resolution of 1080p and an aspect ratio of 18:9. Underneath, it draws power from a MediaTek octa-core chipset and a 3000mAh battery which does support fast charging through a USB Type-C port. In addition, there’s a measly 3GB RAM and 32GB of onboard storage which can be expanded with a MicroSD card.
LG has skipped the dual-camera trend and instead, the Q7 features a single 13-megapixel lens on the rear. For selfies, you will find an 8-megapixel snapper on the front. Out of the box, the LG Q7 comes with a two-generation old Android 8.0 software with the company’s own skin. The phone is compatible with two SIM cards and DTS:X 3D Surround sound as well.
LG Q7 Specifications
- Dimensions: 143.8 x 69.3 x 8.4mm ; Weight: 145g
- 5.5-inch 18:9 FHD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) screen, 442ppi pixel density
- MediaTek MT6750S (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) octa-core processor, Mali T860 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB with a microSD card
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, USB Type-C 2.0
- Rear Camera: 13-megapixel, LED Flash, PDAF
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Hi-Fi audio, DTS:X 3D Surround
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3,000mAh battery, fast charging