HMD Global has just announced its first punch-hole display smartphone, the Nokia X71, in Taiwan. The device is targeted towards the mid-range smartphone segment and offers a 6.3-inch Full HD+ PureDisplay with a cutout for the front-facing camera, a 93% screen-to-body ratio, and triple rear cameras.
The Nokia X71 features a 6.3-inch Full HD+ display with a screen resolution of 2316 × 1080 pixels and 2.5D curved glass, bringing in a 19.3:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, it is powered by a 14nm based Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 with Adreno 512 GPU, paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage (expandable up to 256GB using a microSD). In terms of other hardware add-ons, the device comes with USB Type-C, Bluetooth 5, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Dual 4G VoLTE, and Hybrid Dual SIM. It packs in a 3500mAh battery with 18W fast charging and runs on Android 9 Pie.
In terms of optics, the Nokia X71 sports a triple camera setup on the rear, with a 48MP primary sensor (12MP output by default) with f/1.8 aperture, an 8MP 120° ultra-wide lens, and a 5MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture and dual LED flash. And on the front, a 16MP front-facing camera for selfies.
Nokia X71 Specifications
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ display (2316 × 1080 pixels), 2.5D curved glass, 19.3:9 aspect ratio
- 14nm based Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB using a microSD)
- Triple (48MP with f/1.8 aperture + 8MP with 120° ultra-wide lens + 5MP with f/2.4 aperture) camera on the rear, 16MP
- camera on the front
- USB Type-C, Bluetooth 5
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Hybrid Dual SIM
- Fingerprint Scanner on the rear
- Android 9 Pie
- 3500mAh battery with 18W fast charging
Nokia X71 Pricing and Availability
The Nokia X71 comes in Black color and is priced at NT$ 11,990 (~US$ 388, Rs. 26,875). It will go on sale in Taiwan starting April 10th. There is no word from the company on its global launch yet.