Lenovo has launched a new digital smartwatch in India, dubbed EGO. The smartwatch sits right in between a smartphone and a wearable and offers health and fitness features like activity tracking, swim tracking, 24/7 heart rate monitoring, scientific sleep monitoring etc. It offers a 20-day battery life and is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
In terms of design and build, the Lenovo EGO digital smartwatch comes with a 42mm anti-shine reflective round display with night light mode, up to 50 metres of water resistance, and a rubber buckle strap for fastening. It is compatible with both Android and iOS devices and uses Bluetooth v4.0 for connectivity. Although it lacks Wi-Fi, GPS, and a touchscreen, it does retain some of the essential sensors like accelerometer, gyroscope, and heart rate sensor to offer better health and fitness tracking. Apart from health and fitness tracking, the smartwatch also offers remote camera and vibrating notifications, with alerts for phone calls, emails, text messages, and other social media apps.
“Wearable technologies have emerged as the next big consumer electronics market in India and is expected to grow at a fast pace. With Lenovo EGO, we aim to acquire 15% share of India’s market and establish a fitness network encouraging people to be fitter, healthier and happier. Lenovo EGO brings a full-featured digital smartwatch with extensive compatibility across mobile platforms, long lasting battery and ultimate remote camera feature providing a better fitness experience to consumers.” – said Sebastian Peng, Head of Lenovo MBG Ecosystem, on the launch of the EGO smartwatch.
Lenovo EGO Smartwatch Features
- 24/7 real-time heart rate monitoring during activities like cycling, running, and other exercises
- Scientific sleep-tracking to set a sleep schedule and assess your sleep
- Smart notifications for phone calls, emails, text messages, and other social media apps
- Swim tracking to record your laps, calories burnt, and stroke style
- Remote camera to take pictures with a single tap on the display
- Alarm clock with vibration-based alarm
- Up to 20 days of long-lasting battery life
Lenovo EGO Smartwatch Pricing and Availability
The Lenovo EGO Smartwatch is priced at Rs 1,999 and will go on sale exclusively on Flipkart and Croma starting May 10. Stay tuned for our detailed review coming very soon.