After a series of leaks and rumours, Samsung has today launched the all-new Galaxy M40 smartphone in India. The key highlights of this smartphone include a full-HD+ Infinity-O Display, triple rear camera setup, and an octa-core Snapdragon 675 SoC. Not to mention, the ‘screen sound’ technology, which is the first in its segment.
In terms of design, the Galaxy M40 features a sleek design language with a premium dual tone finish that comes in Midnight Blue and Seawater Blue colors. It has a 6.3-inch full-HD+ Infinity-O Display with a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels, up to 480 nits of brightness, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top. At its core, the smartphone is powered by a 10nm octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor with Adreno 612 GPU, paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage (expandable up to 512GB with a microSD card). It runs on OneUI based on Android 9 Pie and has a 3500mAh battery with support for 15W charging. Other hardware specifications include a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C, hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD), and Dolby Atmos.
Coming to optics, the Galaxy M40 sports a triple camera setup on the rear (32MP primary with f/1.7 aperture + 8MP ultra wide angle with f/2.2 aperture + 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture) with LED flash. And a 16MP punch-hole camera with f/2.0 aperture on the front for selfies.
Also Read: [First Cut] Samsung Galaxy M40: M Series Gets a Snapdragon!
Samsung Galaxy M40 Specifications
- 6.3-inch full-HD+ Infinity-O display (2340 x 1080) with Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 10nm Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor with Adreno 612 GPU
- 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage (expandable up to 512GB with a microSD card)
- Triple camera setup on the rear (32MP primary with f/1.7 aperture + 8MP ultra wide angle with f/2.2 aperture + 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture) with LED flash, 16MP punch-hole camera with f/2.0 aperture on the front
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Dolby Atmos, Fingerprint sensor
- 3500mAh battery with 15W charging
- Samsung OneUI based on Android 9 Pie
Samsung Galaxy M40 Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy M40 comes in two color options: Midnight Blue and Seawater Blue. It is priced at INR 19,990 and will go on sale starting June 18 at 12 noon exclusively on Amazon India and Samsung’s online store.
- 100% extra on recharge for 10 months with Rs. 249 (4GB data per day) and Rs. 349 plans (6GB data per day) for Airtel users
- Rs. 3750 worth cashback (in the form of 50 vouchers) + Additional 250GB data (500MB per day up to 18 months) for Vodafone Idea users
- Double data offer for 10 months at 4GB per day on Rs. 198 recharge for Jio users