How to Download and Install Google Camera or GCam Mod on Realme 6 Pro
The best Gcam Mod apk for Realme 6 Pro
It’s 2020 and if you are still relying on your phone’s stock camera app to take the best pictures, it’s time you make the switch to Google Camera or GCam because Google’s computational algorithms are miles ahead when compared to that of your stock camera app. This is especially prominent in portrait shots, selfies and of course, at night where Night Sight completely outshines the night mode on any other camera app.
The Realme 6 Pro has a good set of cameras on the rear with a Samsung GW1 64MP primary shooter accompanied by a wide-angle and telephoto lens combo. Let’s see how much better they perform using the GCam mod over the stock camera app and before that, here’s how you can install the Google Camera Mod or G Cam Mod on your Realme 6 Pro.
How to Install GCam Mod on Realme 6 Pro
- The first step would be to download the required files for using G Cam on your Realme 6 Pro from this link. There’s an APK file that you need to install and a .xml config file for the required settings.
- Once you download both files, install the APK by allowing app installation from external sources from the prompt that you may receive.
- Next, head over to your file manager and on your internal storage, create a new folder called “GCam” and inside that folder, create another folder called “Configs7”.
- Copy the .xml file you downloaded earlier and paste it in the “Configs7” folder you just created.
- Once done, open the G Cam app and double tap on the black portion next to the shutter button and you will get a window. Click on “Restore” and you’re good to go.
If you have followed these steps correctly, you should now be able to enjoy the superior camera output from GCam on your Realme 6 Pro. Do note that this port supports Astrophotography mode and if that mode is enabled by default, head over to settings and disable it otherwise you will not be able to use Night Sight. You can turn on astrophotography mode manually when you want to use it. Also, this port supports the wide-angle and telephoto lens too but the output slightly grainy so it’s better if you stick to the stock camera for these lenses.
Here are some sample pictures for comparison with the stock camera app.