The iPhone Dev team have released Pwnage Tool 3.1.5which can create iPhone 3.1.3 custom ipsw files. This latest version of PwnageTool can jailbreak the original iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS(older bootrom only with baseband 04.26.08) and iPod touch (1G and 2G non-MC model) running on iPhone firmware 3.1.3.
The custom .ipsw firmware files created with PwnageTool can update iPhone to firmware 3.1.3 without updating its baseband so that it can be unlocked to run on any carrier SIM. Interestingly iPhone Dev team hasn’t used any new exploit to jailbreak 3.1.3 firmware and is straightforward port of Pwnage2 and 24Kpwn to the new firmware.
Note 1: If you had previously unlocked your device using blacksn0w for iPhone 3GS, then this is NOT for you. iPod touch 3G is also currently not supported.
Download PwnageTool 3.1.5 for Mac OS X
Official Bittorrent Releases
PwnageTool 3.1.5 Torrent – PwnageTool_3.1.5.dmg.5344262.TPB.torrent
SHA1 Sum = 16611fb60d088edd2fa5128e4f95f35d8e56a603
Unofficial Links (Direct Links)
Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with PwnageTool 3.1.5
1. Start PwnageTool 3.1.5 and select your device (iPhone, iPhone 3G,iPod Touch 2G)
2. PwnageTool 3.1.5 will display the firmware installed on your iPhone/iPod Touch
3. Click on NO when following prompt is displayed
“Do you have an iPhone contract that would activate normally through iTunes?“:
4. PwnageTool 3.1.5 will now create the custom .ipsw file for your iPhone which will be jailbroken.
5. Once custom ipws file is created you need to restore iPhone to this custom firmware 3.1.3 created using PwnageTool 3.1.5. Click on Phone icon from iTunes sidebar and now press and hold “Alt” key and click on Restore button in iTunes and then release “Alt” button.
Select custom iPhone 3.1.3 firmware ipsw file when iTunes prompt
6. Now wait for iTunes to complete iPhone 3.1.3 restoration. Once installation is done your iPhone will restart automatically, if you followed all of above steps properly then you will have your jailbroken iPhone with 3.1.3 OS!
Unlock iPhone 3.1.3
Now that you have a jailbroken phone, you can follow our previous guide to unlock iPhone 3.1.3 with UltraSn0w.
Update 1: Download Spirit to Jailbreak iPhone 2G/3G, iPod Touch 2G/3G on OS 3.1.3 and iPad 3.2 (all MC models)