10 Free Tools to Check Website Loading Time
Everyone knows how annoying it can be having to deal with websites that take forever to load. As per some recent researches, almost 75% of the Internet users do not return to sites that take longer than four seconds to load. A Fast loading website is the first step to a successful online presence, but you will be surprised how many scripts and widgets may be slowing your site to a crawl.
Table of Contents
10 Free Tools to Check the Website Loading Time
1. iWebTool Speed Test
– Simple tool to test your website’s loading time and compare with other websites. great tool for benchmarking. It allows you to enter up to 10 websites, and the results display the size of the website, the total loading time and the average speed per KB.
2. Pingdom Tools
3. Internet Supervision Webserver Monitoring Tool
– InternetSupervision.com monitors the availability, performance, and content of your website, web server and internet services from across the globe. If you ever wanted to know how much time it takes to load your website from different locations in the world, this is the tool for you.
4. Webslug Loading Time Test
– Webslug measures load time as the user sees it. The time it takes for a page to load fully from when the request was made. The main benefit of Webslug is that it doesn’t require any download or any program to be installed. Just enter your website’s address and it’s all done in your browser.
5. OctaGate Site Timer
– Very similar to Pingdom Tools
– Though this looks similar to Pingdom tool, it goes a step further by letting you decide the test server location and Max threads per host value. Very good and very accurate!
7. LinkVendor Website Speed Check
– The website speedtester shows the duration of a given website. This value can be used for showing how long a website take to load and if it is better to optimize the website or change a (slow) ISP.
– The script calculates the size of individual elements and sums up each type of web page component. Based on these page characteristics the script then offers advice on how to improve page load time. The script incorporates the latest best practices from Website Optimization Secrets, web page size guidelines and trends, and web site optimization techniques into its recommendations.