Xiaomi Announces the Redmi Note 6 Pro with Four Cameras
If you thought Xiaomi didn’t already have enough phones already under its 2018 lineup of Redmi phones, the company has some good news for you. Xiaomi has added another one to the series with the introduction of the Redmi Note 6 Pro in Thailand. While it inherits the majority of specifications from its predecessor, the phone does offer a few worthy upgrades including a total of four cameras.
The Redmi Note 6 Pro’s biggest highlight is its two pairs of cameras situated both on the front and rear. On the back, you will find a regular 12-megapixel f/1.9 lens paired with a secondary 5-megapixel snapper for depth-sensing. Similarly, for selfies, you have a primary 20-megapixel shooter along with a 2-megapixel sensor.
The phone features a familiar all-aluminum design you will come across on nearly every other Redmi phone and a notch-equipped 6.26-inch 1080p screen. It’s powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 636 octa-core chipset, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of onboard storage which is expandable, and an ample 4000mAh battery. The Redmi Note 6 Pro comes preloaded with Android 8.1 layered with the company’s own MIUI skin. In addition, it’s compatible with two SIM cards and sports a rear-mounted fingerprint reader.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro is priced at 6,990 Thai Baht (~$216 / Rs. 15,660) and will be available at the Thailand Mobile Expo and Lazada. There are three color options to choose from — Black, Blue, and Rose Gold.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Specifications
- Dimensions: 157.9 x 76.38 x8.2mm
- 6.26-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ display, 2.5D curved glass, 19:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 14nmOcta-Core Mobile Platform, 1.8GHz, Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB with a MicroSD card
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), MIUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5
- Rear Cameras: 12-megapixel primary sensor, dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, Dual PD focus, EIS, secondary 5-megapixel camera
- Front Cameras: 20-megapixel primary Sony IMX376 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, secondary 2-megapixel camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery