Huawei has added another quad-camera equipped smartphone to its growing lineup with the introduction of the Y9 2019. The phone comes with a pair of cameras on both the front and rear, a large 6.5-inch screen, psychedelic color options, and of course, a notch.
The new Huawei Y9 has a 6.5-inch display with a resolution of 1080p and a 19:5:9 aspect ratio. It’s powered by the company’s homegrown Kirin 710 octa-core chipset, 4GB or 6GB of RAM, up to 128GB of onboard storage which can be expanded with a MicroSD card, and a 4000mAh battery which does support quick charging.
As for the camera arrangement, there’s a primary 16-megapixel sensor paired with another 2-megapixel secondary camera on the rear and a 13-megapixel selfie snapper with a 2-megapixel camera on the front. The phone also comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, and offers Android 8.1 layered over with the proprietary EMUI 8.2 skin.
The Huawei Y9 2019 will be available in three color options — Midnight Black, Blue Swarovski and Aurora Purple. It’s expected to go on sale sometime in mid-October. Huawei has yet not revealed the pricing.
Huawei Y9 2019 Specifications
- Dimensions: 162.4×77.1×8.05mm; Weight: 173g
- 6.5-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display, 19:5:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass
- Huawei Kirin 710 12nm (4 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 +4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53) octa-core chipset, ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 4/6GB RAM, 64/128GB storage, expandable up to 400GB with a microSD card
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), EMUI 8.2
- Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5
- Rear Cameras: 16-megapixel primary sensor, single LED flash, 2-megapixel secondary camera
- Front Cameras: 13-megapixel primary camera, 2-megapixel secondary camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging