Asus has today brought its first flagship gaming phone, the ROG Phone to India in order to capitalize on the country’s growing interest in mobile gaming. Originally launched way back in June, the phone offers a host of features, accessories designed specifically for mobile gaming including, of course, a logo on the rear that lights up.
As for the rest of the specifications, the ROG Phone comes with Qualcomm’s top-of-the-line chip, the Snapdragon 845, speed-binned to achieve clock speeds of up to 2.96 GHz. In addition, the phone has 8GB of RAM, up to 512GB of onboard storage, and a 4000mAh battery which does support quick charging. On the front, the ROG Phone carries a 6-inch OLED screen with a resolution of 1080p and a 90Hz refresh rate.
Furthermore, the ROG Phone has two cameras on the rear — a primary 12-megapixel sensor with an aperture of f/1.8 and another wide-angle sensor for depth-sensing as well as landscape photography. For selfies, you have an 8-megapixel snapper with an aperture of f/2.0. There is a myriad of other audio features mobile gamers will find appealing such as dual-front firing speakers, triple internal microphones, DTS 7.1 virtual surround sound, and more.
The ROG Phone, however, doesn’t rely solely on its specifications to take on the competition. Its cornerstone lies in the supplementary gaming-specific features and accessories Asus has come up with. That includes touch-sensitive edges which can be individually mapped to various actions inside and outside of games, an additional side-mounted Type-C port, bundled cooling tool, and more. Read all about it right here.
The ROG Phone is priced at Rs 69,999 and it will be exclusively available on Flipkart starting today, i.e. 29th November.
Asus ROG Phone Accessories Pricing in India
- Professional Dock: Rs 5,499
- GameVice (Joystick): Rs 5,999
- TwinView Dock: Rs 21,999
- Desktop Dock: Rs 12,999
- ROG Phone Case: Rs 2499
Asus ROG Phone Specifications
- Dimensions: 158.83×76.16x 8.65mm; Weight: 200g
- 6-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display, 18:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, HDR
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm octa-core Mobile Platform, 2.96GHz, Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128/512GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), ROG Gaming X mode UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano), 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ) / 802.11ad 60GHz, Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C, NFC
- Rear Cameras: 12-megapixel primary dual pixel sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 1/2.55″ Sony IMX363 sensor, LED flash, optical image stabilization, secondary camera with 120° wide-angle lens
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel, f/2.0 aperture, 84° field of view
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual front-facing 5-magnet speakers with dual NXP 9874 smart amplifier, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound, Triple internal microphones with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology
- Water-resistant body
- 4000mAh battery, 10V 3A fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter