Xiaomi has announced a new smartphone under its Redmi Note series after teasing it across different online platforms for a few days. The new smartphone – Redmi Note 7s – is similar in terms of specifications to the Redmi Note 7 China variant that launched a few months back and is the second smartphone from the company to come with a 48MP shooter.
The Redmi Note 7s features a 6.3-inch FHD+ display with a screen resolution of 2340 × 1080 pixels and a dot notch at the top. It has an all-glass design from front-to-back, protected with a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on top and P2i splash-resistant coating. Under the hood, it has a 2.2GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor with 3GB / 4GB of RAM and 32GB / 64GB of storage. In terms of other specifications, the device comes with a hybrid dual SIM/microSD slot, fingerprint sensor and AI face-unlock for authentication, IR blaster, 3.5mm audio jack, and USB type-C. And to power everything, a 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4 support.
On the camera front, the Redmi Note 7s features a dual camera setup on the rear with a 48MP primary sensor and a 5MP secondary sensor with PDAF, EIS, and AI Portrait Mode. And on the front, a 13MP camera with AI Portrait mode.
Redmi Note 7s Specifications
- 6.3-inch FHD+ dot-notch display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor
- 3GB / 4GB RAM and 32GB / 64GB storage
- Dual camera setup on the rear (48MP primary sensor + 5MP secondary sensor) with PDAF, EIS, and AI Portrait Mode, 13MP front-facing camera with AI Portrait mode
- Fingerprint sensor and AI face-unlock
- Hybrid dual SIM/microSD slot, IR blaster, 3.5mm audio jack, and USB type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4 support
Redmi Note 7s Pricing and Availability
The Redmi Note 7s comes in two RAM and storage configurations: 3GB + 32GB and 4GB + 64GB and three color options: Onyx Black, Sapphire Blue, and Ruby Red. It is priced at Rs 10,999 and Rs 12,999 respectively. It will go on sale in India starting May 23 across various offline and online stores.