As we just reported, Spirit untethered jailbreaking tool was released some time back and as promised here is a detailed guide to jailbreak iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS on OS 3.1.3 using Spirit untethered tool.
Using Spirit, you can jailbreak (not unlock) all iPhone’s (iPhone (Edge), iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS) and iPod touches (iPod touch 2G and 3G) running on the firmware version 3.1.3/3.1.2, and iPad and iPad 3G on firmware 3.2 – untethered, i.e in just one click!
We have been warning and want to repeat that if you are using iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS and rely on carrier unlock, please DO NOT upgrade to the stock iPhone OS 3.1.3, doing so will result in upgrade of your baseband, which will make it almost impossible for you to unlock. This is strictly for those who are either on official supported carrier like AT&T, or have already upgraded to 3.1.3 and are stuck with it.
Also, make sure you have your SHSH files saved safely. In case you do not know how to backup your SHSH files, we will come with a step-by-step guide soon (Update: Here is the guide)). Ofcourse you can jailbreak without saving SHSH files but you wont be safe once Apple patches the exploit used by Spirit (which is quite easy to patch for Apple).
Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 using Spirit Untethered
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes.
2. You need to be on the official iPhone 3.1.2, or iPhone 3.1.3 firmware on your iPhone.
3. Download Spirit for Windows or Mac
4. Run “Spirit” and then Click on “Jailbreak”
Note: Windows 7/Vista users might be greeted with an error message “Spirit Failed to jailbreak (error code: c0000005)“. In that case you should change the “compatibility mode” to “Windows 98″ by right clicking on “Spirit.exe” and then click on “Properties”. Also check: “Run this program as an administrator” option on the same window.
5. Spirit will complete its process and once the message “Jailbreak succeeded” appears on the screen, iPhone will reboot automatically.
6. That’s it! You will now have a fully jailbroken iPhone 3G/3GS running on firmware 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 – Untethered !