ZTE Blade D6 Unveiled with a High-grade Aluminum Alloy body, 1.3 GHz Quad-core CPU and a 13MP Camera
At the ongoing Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2015, ZTE has launched its new mid-range phone, the ZTE Blade D6. This week ZTE has also announced Axon, a new model destined exclusively for US consumers. Although we don’t know yet the price of the new Blade D6, ZTE’s Blade usually contains mid-range handset.
ZTE also unveiled its ZTE SmartHome platform which allow its users to communicate with home devices such as light switches, baby monitors via wireless protocol, ZigBee, and as well as 4G LTE connections. As for the new smartphone, here are its main specs and features:
- 5-inch 720p IPS touchscreen
- 13 MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, an 88-degree wide-angle 5 MP selfie snapper (beautification options, smile shutter function, high definition continuous shooting, auto panorama and more)
- 2GB of RAM and 16GB of expandable storage, expandable via microSD card
- MediaTek’s 64-bit MT6735 SoC with a 1.3 GHz quad-core CPU and Mali-T720 GPU
- 4G LTE, Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi, dual-SIM functionality
- 2,200 mAh battery
- ZTE’s own MiFavor 3.2 UI on top of Android 5.0 Lollipop
The ZTE comes with a high-grade 6013 aluminum alloy body, is 6.95mm thin, and weighs 120 grams ; so its build quality seems to be the USP here. However, we couldn’t help but notice that its design does strike a similarity with the iPhone 6. The smartphone also comes with a ‘3 in 2’ tray holder, which allows for a micro-SIM to be used along with a Nano-SIM (which also doubles as a microSD card slot). Adam Zeng, CEO, ZTE Mobile Device, said the following:
We’re delighted to unveil both our first ever smart home gateway and the latest rendition in our affordable premium Blade series at this year’s Mobile World Congress Shanghai. The smart home revolution is fast upon us, and our strong track record in R&D has allowed us to deliver an innovative product to support this emerging trend.
The smartphone is said to become available “over the next few months,” with Australia, Russia, and Japan being the first countries to get it. The smartphone will get launched in four color versions: pink, gold, gray, and silver.The smartphone will be available in Pink, Gold, Silver, and Grey colour variants.