After a series of leaks and speculations, Xiaomi has finally launched Redmi Note 4 at an event in Delhi India. The Redmi Note 4 was launched in China last year and the phone touted its metal build and the fingerprint sensor at the back. In India, Xiaomi has launched the Redmi Note 4 in three variants, 2GB RAM/32GB Storage, 3GB RAM/32GB Storage and 4GB RAM/ 64GB Storage priced at Rs 9999, Rs 10,999 and Rs 12,999 respectively.
The Redmi Note 4 comes equipped with a 5.5-inch FHD display offering 401ppi of pixel density. Powering the device is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 paired with 3GB/4GB of RAM and accompanied by Adreno 506 GPU. On the storage front, the device offers a choice between 32GB/64GB of internal memory and an expandable memory card slot that can further accommodate up to 128GB.
Design wise Redmi Note 4 has greatly improvised on the Redmi Note 3. The antenna lines at the back now come polished with Anodised Aluminium and the rear facing speakers have been shifted to the bottom. Also, it’s worth mentioning here that the Redmi Note 4 is the first Redmi phone to feature 2.5D Curved Glass.
The Xiaomi Redmi 4 sports a 13-Megapixel primary sensor with f/2.0, PDAF, dual LED flash and a 5-Megapixel secondary sensor with beautify mode. On the software front, the Redmi Note 4 runs Android OS v6.0 layered with the MIUI 8 (can be flashed with Android Nougat preview). Backing up the device is a 4,100 mAh battery that supports fast charging. Xiaomi claims that the Snapdragon 625 will add up to power savings since they use FinFET technology minimizing current leak at the transistor level.
Connectivity features include the usual VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS, GLONASS, USB 2.0, IR port and hybrid SIM slot. Xiaomi has also retained the capacitive touch buttons on the front and the fingerprint sensor sits at the back. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 will be available starting from 24th January in Silver, Gray, Gold, Blue and Black colors.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Specifications
- 5.5-inch FHD display, 401ppi. 2.5D curved glass. Reading mode
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 at 2.0 GHz, 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM
- Internal Storage 32GB/64GB, Expandable up to 128 GB
- 13-Megapixel Primary sensor, PDAF, f/2.0, 5-Megapixel Secondary Sensor, beautify with smart and pro
- Fingerprint Sensor, Metal Body, capacitive touch buttons
- Android Marshmallow with MIUI 8.0 (upgradeable to Android Nougat Preview)
- 4,100mAh battery, Fast Charging support
- VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth v4.2, micro USB v2.0, hybrid SIM slot