Get Stock Android Notification Panel on MIUI and Other Android Skins
Xiaomi’s custom Android skin — MIUI — is undoubtedly the most polarizing ROM out there. However, in spite of which side you adhere to, there’s no denying the fact that the company needs to revamp its outdated notification shade. Xiaomi did bring a few changes with recent updates. But if you have ever been on a non-Xiaomi phone, it’s still quite difficult to live with. Fortunately, there’s now an app available which replaces the default panel with the one from stock Android.
It’s called “Material Notification Shade”, and it allows you to install stock Android’s notification panel on almost every phone, not just Xiaomi’s. Hence, if your OEM’s implementation has frustrated the life out of your experience, this is your chance to break free. Sorry, I got a bit carried away but I genuinely worry about you people.
We have tested this app on multiple phones including the ones running MIUI 8, MIUI 9 and Honor’s EMUI. And it works well on all of these phones. While we loved to get the Stock Android-like notification panel on our Redmi phone, we did miss cool features like “Copy OTP” after installing this app.
Get Stock Android-Like Notification Center on MIUI
Alright, back to the app. It’s mostly free, although you can shed a few extra bucks ($1.99) for a couple of Pro features. “Material Notification Shade” is essentially applying a stock theme over your existing notification panel. Hence, a few functionalities like the mobile data toggle won’t work unless you have a rooted phone. In addition to that, you can choose from a bunch of themes and backgrounds including a dark one for OLED screens. Here’s how to get started.
- The process for setting it up is surprisingly straightforward – download the “Material Notification Shade” from the Play Store.
- Once installed, fire it up and grant the required permissions on the landing page.
- Then, you need to just turn on the toggle located at the top, and that’s about it.
- It’s worth mentioning here that the app is not compatible with Android Oreo, but yeah, that’s certainly not a deal breaker if you are reading this article.
- On the app, you can also customize just about everything about the panel including the background slider and accent colors.
- Moreover, there are options for altering the number of grid rows and columns as well. Unfortunately, most of these are paid features (costs $1.99).
It’s still worth downloading though especially if you are on MIUI. Plus, it brings stock Android features like quick replies, something which MIUI entirely lacks right now. More than anything else, you don’t have to struggle with two finger swipe to expand notifications. There are a few minor hiccups right now such as improper alignments, but nothing serious and I am sure it will get better with future updates.
You can download ‘Material Notification Shade’ from the link below.