Huawei Mate 20 Pro with Three Rear Cameras Arrives in India for Rs 69,990
Huawei has today brought its second flagship of the year, the Mate 20 Pro to India. Priced at Rs 69,990, the Mate 20 Pro can be considered an all-you-can-eat smartphone and offers nearly every modern feature you can hope for and more. That includes an in-display fingerprint reader, a big notch-equipped screen, 3D face unlock, several gradient options, you get the idea.
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro comes with a 6.39-inch OLED screen which has a resolution of 3120 x 1440 pixels and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It runs on the company’s latest 7nm octa-core chip, the Kirin 980 and has 6GB of RAM, 128GB of onboard storage which is expandable. In addition, the Mate 20 Pro also has a monstrous 4200mAh battery which is compatible with 40W quick wired charging and 15W wireless charging. It can even wirelessly charge other Qi-compliant phones which is rather impressive.
Being a Huawei flagship, of course, the Mate 20 Pro has a bunch of cameras on the rear. The cubic array houses a regular 40-megapixel sensor with a f/1.8 aperture, a 20-megapixel ultra-wide f/2.2 lens, and an 8-megapixel telephoto snapper. AI-detection scene is available as well but sadly, the camera app still doesn’t an option to save a backup unprocessed image. On the front, though, the Mate 20 Pro oddly still has a single shooter — a 24-megapixel selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.0.
Furthermore, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is preloaded with Android 9 Pie layered over with its own EMUI 9.0 skin. There’s a set of stereo speakers present too and yes, for a phone that doesn’t want you to miss out on any feature, it doesn’t have a standard headphone jack. You do get dual-SIM and Dual 4G VoLTE support. There are two color options — Black, and Twilight.
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro will be exclusively available on Amazon from December 4th. However, Prime subscribers can buy it a day early on December 3rd. As part of the launch offer, Huawei is also throwing in a pair of Sennheiser PCX550 headphones to buyers for just Rs 2,000, usually which is priced at Rs 29,990.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Specifications
- Dimensions: 157.8 x 72.3 x 8.6mm; Weight: 189g
- 6.39-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) QHD+ OLED Display, 19.5:9 aspect ratio ,HDR, 820 nits brightness
- Huawei Kirin 980 (2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz) processor, 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB, expandable up to 256GB with an NM card
- Android 9.0 (Pie), EMUI 9.0
- Rear Cameras: 40-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture, 20-megapixel ultra-wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 8-megapixel telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, AIS (Huawei AI Image Stabilization)
- Front Camera: 24-megapixel, f/2.0 aperture
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5 LE, NFC, USB Type-
- In-display fingerprint sensor, 3D Face Unlock
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual Speakers
- 4200 mAh battery, 40W SuperCharge, 15W Wireless Quick Charge