Huawei has today brought its second flagship of the year, the Mate 20 Pro to India. Priced at Rs 69,990, the Mate 20 Pro can be considered an all-you-can-eat smartphone and offers nearly every modern feature you can hope for and more. That includes an in-display fingerprint reader, a big notch-equipped screen, 3D face unlock, several gradient options, you get the idea.
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro comes with a 6.39-inch OLED screen which has a resolution of 3120 x 1440 pixels and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It runs on the company’s latest 7nm octa-core chip, the Kirin 980 and has 6GB of RAM, 128GB of onboard storage which is expandable. In addition, the Mate 20 Pro also has a monstrous 4200mAh battery which is compatible with 40W quick wired charging and 15W wireless charging. It can even wirelessly charge other Qi-compliant phones which is rather impressive.
Being a Huawei flagship, of course, the Mate 20 Pro has a bunch of cameras on the rear. The cubic array houses a regular 40-megapixel sensor with a f/1.8 aperture, a 20-megapixel ultra-wide f/2.2 lens, and an 8-megapixel telephoto snapper. AI-detection scene is available as well but sadly, the camera app still doesn’t an option to save a backup unprocessed image. On the front, though, the Mate 20 Pro oddly still has a single shooter — a 24-megapixel selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.0.
Furthermore, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is preloaded with Android 9 Pie layered over with its own EMUI 9.0 skin. There’s a set of stereo speakers present too and yes, for a phone that doesn’t want you to miss out on any feature, it doesn’t have a standard headphone jack. You do get dual-SIM and Dual 4G VoLTE support. There are two color options — Black, and Twilight.
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro will be exclusively available on Amazon from December 4th. However, Prime subscribers can buy it a day early on December 3rd. As part of the launch offer, Huawei is also throwing in a pair of Sennheiser PCX550 headphones to buyers for just Rs 2,000, usually which is priced at Rs 29,990.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Specifications
- Dimensions: 157.8 x 72.3 x 8.6mm; Weight: 189g
- 6.39-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) QHD+ OLED Display, 19.5:9 aspect ratio ,HDR, 820 nits brightness
- Huawei Kirin 980 (2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz) processor, 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB, expandable up to 256GB with an NM card
- Android 9.0 (Pie), EMUI 9.0
- Rear Cameras: 40-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture, 20-megapixel ultra-wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 8-megapixel telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, AIS (Huawei AI Image Stabilization)
- Front Camera: 24-megapixel, f/2.0 aperture
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5 LE, NFC, USB Type-
- In-display fingerprint sensor, 3D Face Unlock
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual Speakers
- 4200 mAh battery, 40W SuperCharge, 15W Wireless Quick Charge