In addition to the R17 Pro, Oppo today also brought its non-Pro sibling — the R17 to India. The Oppo R17 is priced at Rs 34,990 and will be available exclusively from Amazon starting 7th December, pre-orders for which are open now. HDFC credit and debit card owners can also avail a cashback of 10%.
The Oppo R17 features the company’s new so-called “Teardrop design” which translates to a narrower notch at the top of the screen, similar to what we’ve seen on the Essential Phone. In addition, the phone will be available in two iridescent color options including Twilight Blue and Starry Purple.
In spite of the lack of “Pro” here, the Oppo R17 is no slouch as far as the hardware is concerned. It has a 6.4-inch 1080p screen with an aspect ratio of 19:9 and a layer of Corning’s latest Gorilla Glass 6. Another highlight here is the presence of an in-display fingerprint sensor. There’s 8GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage, and for the processor, Oppo has opted for Qualcomm’s recently unveiled, Snapdragon 670.
The rear camera arrangement on the Oppo R17 houses two sensors — a primary 16-megapixel f/1.8 lens and another 5-megapixel snapper for depth-sensing. On the front, you’ll find a 25-megapixel selfie lens with an aperture of f/2.0. The Oppo R17 features a 3,500mAh battery which does support the company’s VOOC quick charging technology. Out of the box, you get ColorOS 5.2 on top of Android 8.1.
OPPO R17 Specifications
- Dimensions: 157.5×74.9×7.5mm; Weight: 182g
- 6.4-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display, 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 Octa-Core 10nm Mobile Platform, Adreno 615 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB internal storage
- Dual SIM,
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C
- ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Rear Camera: 16MP, LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 5MP secondary camera
- Front Camera: 25MP, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX576 sensor
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3500mAh battery, VOOC quick charging