Xiaomi has just announced two new smartphones: Redmi Y3 and Redmi 7, in India. In addition to the two new smartphones the company has also announced a third product, which is an addition to its smart home device lineup, the Mi LED Smart Bulb. Although, the entire specifications and pricing of the product are not known yet, here’s everything we know about the Smart Bulb.
It might come as a surprise for a lot of people, but this is not the first time Xiaomi is launching a Smart LED Bulb. In fact, a couple of months back, the company had already launched the Mi Smart LED Bulb in the global market. The pricing for which is around €19, which sits in right with the other competitors in the market.
Based on the details revealed at the event earlier today, we know that the Mi LED Smart Bulb comes with:
- Support for 16 million colours to provide countless possibilities with the RGB colour range, similar to the one offered by its competition Philips in the Hue Bulbs range
- 11 years of life, which looks quite impressive
- Ability to control via Mi Home App
- No requirements for a bridge or hub as most other Smart Bulbs
- Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa integration
Although we do not have any further details of the upcoming Smart Bulb, we expect it to be similar to the one offered in the global market. Which, in addition to the above-mentioned specifications, also includes:
- Ability to adjust brightness (from 80 to 800 lumens) and colour temperature (from 1700 to 6500K)
- Customised lighting
- Sunrise Mode to gently wake you up
Mi Smart LED Bulb Pricing and Availability
The pricing and availability for the Mi Smart LED Bulb have not been announced yet. However, the company has announced that the product will go on crowdfunding via Mi.com from April 26. So we might have to wait until then to get a better look at the specifications, pricing, and availability of the device.
Update: Mi Smart LED Bulb has been priced at Rs 999 in India. Here is the link to the crowdfunding page which goes live at 12PM on April 26.