Microsoft’s association with gaming accessories dates as back as 23 years. When in the year 1996, it launched the first IntelliMouse, which turned out to be a gamechanger in the industry and followed subsequent updates to improve its performance. Until very recently, a couple of years back, it launched the Classic IntelliMouse, which introduced a faster tracking sensor, improvements to the feel of the buttons, and the return of the iconic tail light. And now, it is back with the all-new Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse that claims to offer increased performance, modern gaming features, and more customization for work and play.
The all-new Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse builds upon the history of the mouse lineups and retains all the fundamentals of the IntelliMouse. It features an ergonomic design, which has been a part of the earlier models as well, to offer a better experience for users to do it for regular work, as well, as for gaming. The keep the experience more friendly and simple the mouse uses a wired connection over wireless, to avoid the need for a dongle. Microsoft says the mouse is designed to make it easy to maneuver, with its carefully calculated weight, stability, and control.
Microsft Pro IntelliMouse Specifications
- Interface: USB 2.0 full speed compatible
- Buttons: 5 buttons (3 customizable) including left and right click and scroll wheel button (Button customization not supported on Windows 10 S)
- Mouse report rate: 1000 reports per second, user configurable with MKC software installed
- Tracking technology: PixArt PAW3389PRO-MS
- Tracking speed: up to 400” (10,160 mm) per second
- Compatibility: Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 S/8.1/8/7
Microsft Pro IntelliMouse Pricing and Availability
The Microsft Pro IntelliMouse comes in two colors: Shadow Black and Shadow White. It is now available for sale in Canada and the United States through Microsoft Store for $59.99, with other markets and retailers in Europe and Asia beginning in July.