EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard: a free data recovery software for Windows
Free data recovery software that works!
- Losing data is one of the most upsetting experiences. If you’re looking for a free solution to retrieve your lost data, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard has answers to a lot of your problems.
- The wizard is essentially a free data recovery software that lets you recover your lost files on a Windows-based desktop or laptop effortlessly.
- Data Recovery Wizard can help you recover over 1000 different types of files on your computers like media (graphics, videos, and audio) files, document files (Word, Excel, PDF, etc.), emails, and a few other files like ISO, ZIP, RAR, EXE, etc.
- Using the software, you can recover permanently lost data, retrieve data from deleted partition, recover files from formatted storage, and retrieve data from damaged/corrupted storage.
Losing data can easily be classified as one of the most upsetting experiences. One that incurs the loss of valuable information and puts you on the path to perennial testing of different data recovery tools to retrieve the lost data. At large, this testing process itself is quite tedious and time-consuming. Since, despite a host of data recovery services out there, not every single one of them works as advertised, and those that work charge substantial amounts for their subscription.
Fortunately, there is EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard: a free data recovery software that helps you recover the lost data on your Windows desktops, laptops, and other compatible devices. For those unaware, EaseUS has a broad catalog of data recovery and security software under its portfolio. And with Data Recovery Wizard, the company promises to help you recover data in over 100 real-life data (loss) scenarios like permanent deletion, formatting, damaged/corrupted storage, etc.
So, if you are looking for a solution to recover lost data on your Windows computer, EaseUS has got you covered with its Data Recovery Wizard. Here’s what the wizard offers and how you can use it to recover lost data on your computer for free.
What is EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard?
The EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard comes from EaseUS, a company known for its data recovery and data security software. It is basically a data recovery software that lets you recover your lost files on a Windows-based desktop or laptop. You can use it to recover all sorts of files, including documents, photos, videos, and more, which you might have lost due to accidental deletion, partition formatting, or some other reason.
One of the best things about the software is that it is very easy-to-use. So anyone, including those with limited understanding of the know-how, can scan their computer for the lost files and recover them effortlessly.
What files does EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard support?
As mentioned in the previous section, Data Recovery Wizard can help you recover over 1000 different types of files on your computer. These include a wide range of media (graphics, videos, and audio) files, document files (Word, Excel, PDF, etc.), emails, and a few other files like ISO, ZIP, RAR, EXE, etc.
What does EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard offer?
Being a free data recovery software, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard covers a significant chunk of real-life data loss scenarios — everything from accidental deletion of files and formatting of drives to loss of data due to corrupted storage devices and drives.
The following are some of the use-cases where you can take advantage of the software to recover your lost files.
1. Recover lost data: this one is probably what most people need data recovery software for. It pertains to the instances where you accidentally delete a document, including shift + delete, or when you empty your Recycle Bin. In a sense, you can put the wizard to use to recover permanently deleted files from your computer without undergoing much hassle.
2. Retrieve data from deleted partition: in situations when you accidentally clear a drive’s partition, eventually incurring a loss of a lot of valuable data, Data Recovery Wizard helps you retrieve this data effortlessly. It works by automatically detecting and scanning the deleted partition for all the lost files and giving you the ability to recover them with the click of a button.
3. Recover files from formatted storage: much like recovering files from deleted partitions, another useful scenario where you can use Data Recovery Wizard is when you need to recover lost files from a formatted storage device. If you formatted your hard disk, thumb drive, or SD card, and after some point in time, need access to its data, you can easily do it using this free data recovery software.
4. Retrieve data from damaged/corrupted storage: there is no denying the fact that, over time, storage devices get damaged and corrupted, ultimately rendering their data inaccessible. If you’ve been in such a situation and looking for ways to retrieve data from any of your (such) devices, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can simplify the entire process for you and help you get back your data.
Note: While we’ve tested the service, and it works well in different data loss instances, there might be some situations where the software might not work for you. This can be attributed primarily to the nature of storage devices and how they write data, which sometimes subjects even the best data recovery services to being ineffective at their task.
How to use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard?
Now that you know what EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is capable of and how it can help you with your data recovery needs, here’s a guide to use the software.
Steps to Install:
1. Head over to EaseUS’ website and download the Data Recovery Wizard software from there.
2. Go to the folder where you downloaded the file and double-click on the downloaded (.exe) file.
3. Now, click on the Install Now button to begin the installation process and follow the on-screen instructions.
Steps to Use:
1. Once the Data Recovery Wizard is installed, click on the Start Now button.
2. From the next screen, hover over the drive from where you want to recover your lost files (pictures, videos, documents, etc.) and click on Scan.
3. Data Recovery Wizard will not start scanning your selected drive/folder for deleted files. You can see the progress, along with the remaining time that it would take for the process to complete, at the bottom left. Once the scanning finishes, tick the checkboxes next to the files/folders you want to recover. [You can click on any file to preview it and get all its related information before proceeding with the recovery process.]
4. When you select the files, the Recover button becomes active. Click on it and select the destination path where you want to store the recovered files. [Note: The destination path should not be the same as the source path.]
Now, depending on how many files you are recovering, it can take time accordingly to restore your lost files. Besides, the software also provides you the option to recover items while scanning. This can come in handy when you are looking for files that have already been found by the software and do not want to wait till the entire scanning process gets over.
Although the above steps work absolutely fine for most use-cases, if you are specifically looking to recover a particular kind of files, like, for instance, Word, Excel, PDF, audio, video, or some other kind, you can take advantage of the Filter option to filter the results. That way, you do not have to go through the entire list of scanned files. In addition to selecting file types, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard also gives you a few Advanced Filters to filter out items by the modified time, file size, and the initial letter of the file name. To filter scanned results, click on the Filter button and select a criterion.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard: Plans and Pricing
EaseUS offers three subscription plans: Free, Pro, and Pro+Bootable Media. With the Free plan, you get pretty much all that you can ask for in data recovery software and enjoy up to 2GB of data recovery. While this should work for most people, those who have lost more data require an upgrade to the Pro plan.
The Pro plan carries forward all the features from the Free plan but extends the limit to allow you to recover unlimited data. In addition, it also provides you remote consultation and assistance facility for when you face difficulties using the software.
Lastly, there is the Pro+Bootable Media plan, which, as its name suggests, gives you the ability to boot into a system with a downloadable WinPE (Windows Preinstallation Environment). This offers you a lightweight version of Windows that you can use to boot into a non-bootable system to retrieve its data. Besides this, the plan also provides the same set of features and functionality as the Pro plan.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is probably one of the best free data recovery software out there. The software works as it promises, especially when you take into consideration that it offers service for free, albeit with a limit on recovery, without compromising on the essential features and functionality. Not to mention the wide range of use-cases that it has got you covered for — ranging from permanent deletion of files to recovering data from damaged/corrupted/formatted storage mediums. Aside from extensive use-cases, the other thing that works in the software’s favor is the support for over 1000 different file types, which makes it versatile and extends the scope of use to a large set of file types.
So, if you lost your files or documents from a storage drive or accidentally deleted them from your computer, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is your best bet to retrieving them.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is also available for Mac.