- Shifu Tacto is the latest educative toy for kids by PlayShifu which is a phygital board game platform for tablets.
- Tacto uses touch screen technology and AI to turn screen time into family time.
- There are six different Tacto game sets available – Tacto Classics, Laser, Coding, Chess, Tacto Electronics, and Tacto Dino.
- Each Tacto set is priced at $49.99 and comes with a unique set of figurines and frames to securely hold the tablet in place.
PlayShifu, a unique AR toy company, has officially launched its latest educative toy lineup for kids called Tacto. Shifu Tacto is claimed to be the first-ever phygital (physical + digital) board game platform for tablets (iPad, Android,a Fire). It uses touch screen technology and AI to turn screen time into family time. Its use of real figurines creates a rich, diverse, and storytelling experience that is unparalleled in interactive gaming.
There are six different Tacto game sets available – Tacto Classics, Laser, Coding, Chess, Tacto Electronics and Tacto Dino. The first four are available for purchase in the US starting today while the last two will go on sale in July 2021. Each Tacto set is priced at $49.99 and comes with a unique set of figurines and frames to securely hold the tablet in place.
With screen time for children ages four to nine averaging as high as five hours every day, PlayShifu is on a mission to help parents convert their children’s screen time into hands-on educational playtime,” said co-founder and CEO of PlayShifu, Vivek Goyal. “We are thrilled to introduce our Tacto line and continue to positively integrate physical and digital play to develop foundational learning skills for kids around the world,” added co-founder, Dinesh Advani.
Table of Contents
- 1-4 players
- Ages 4+
Board games like Ladders, Checkers, Ludo etc Boosts strategy and planning skills<li>Includes 2 dice figurines
- 1-2 players
- Ages 6+
- Boosts strategy and planning skills
- Easiest way to learn chess
- Story-based themes
- Single player
- Ages 4+
- Basics of programming with story-based games and tactile play
- Boosts problem-solving and reasoning skills
- Use visual cues to code each level or practice with Scratch
- Single player
- Ages 5+
- Brain-teasing logic games
- Progress through easy to tough challenges
- Boosts problem-solving skills
- Develops logical reasoning and critical thinking with creative play
PlayShifu says that Tacto was being tested by over 200 product testers over the past year and is now available for purchase for everyone in the US. It should soon be made available in other countries including India.
Tacto is the third major lineup of AR toys by PlayShifu. The companies’ other two lineups, Plugo and Orboot, have been quite a success in this space. In the digital era, especially during pandemic, it’s hard to cut down the screen time of kids. Therefore, the best way to deal with this matter is to give kids the best experience of both reality and the digital world at the best time of their growth. Tacto looks like a great way to achieve this goal.