- Video converters help you convert videos from one format to another so you can watch them on different devices and share them on a variety of video-sharing platforms online.
- However, not all video-sharing programs are made equal: while some fall short in terms of the formats they support, others fail to maintain the video quality upon conversion.
- WinX Video Converter comes as an exception here. It allows you to convert videos from a wide range of devices and file formats (including 4K/UHD footages), edit out certain elements of your footage, and download videos from various video-sharing websites.
Video conversion utilities help you convert videos from one format to another so that you can watch them on different devices and share them on a variety of video-sharing platforms online.
But unfortunately, not all video-converting programs manage to live up to their claims. While some fall short in terms of the formats they support, others fail to maintain the video quality upon conversion.
WinX Video Converter comes as an exception here. It can be used to convert videos from a wide range of devices and file formats, including 4K/UHD footages. Moreover, the software also doubles up as a video editor: to help you edit out certain elements of your footage; and a video downloader: to assist you in downloading videos from various video-sharing websites.
Here’s a closer look at the WinX Video Converter and how you can use it for your video conversion and video downloading needs, among other things.
What Is WinX Video Converter?
WinX Video Converter is a free video converting software from WinXDVD that enables you to convert videos into different formats, including MP4, MOV, AVI, MP3, and more. It supports the operation for up to 4K videos recorded with DJI drones, 120fps/240fps videos captured by GoPro, and high-res RAW footages from camcorders.
Not just that, you also get to perform basic editing operations like resizing, trimming, cropping, and merging, as well, so you don’t have to look for another program.
One of the aspects that makes WinX Video Converter stand out from other video converting tools is that it can also help you download videos. So, in addition to converting videos from your storage devices, you can also download videos from hundreds of video streaming platforms in your preferred file format and video resolution right onto your computer.
What Can WinX Video Converter Do?
Being a video converter, WinX works just like any other video converting software, except that it has a few advantages over others that make it a better choice for all your video conversion needs.
Some of these advantages include:
1. Support for a wide range of devices
One of the most significant advantages that WinX has over other video converter utilities is support for various platforms and devices. So not only can you convert and record videos recorded using smartphones, but you can also use the software on GoPro, DJI drone, and camcorder recorded footage.
2. Support for all major file formats
WinX supports various file formats and allows you to convert your videos from pretty much any file format to some other format. So when you select a video file on the software, it provides you a list of various output profiles (file formats and device types) to help you find the right (read compatible) file format for your device in which you can convert the video.
Some of the supported video formats include HEVC, H.264, MPEG-4, MP4, MKV, M2TS, WMV, and MOV.
3. Support for basic editing
WinX also comes with a built-in video editor, which allows you to perform basic editing operations on your footage like cropping, trimming, and merging footage, so you don’t have to rely on another app.
In addition, you can add subtitles to your videos to accurately describe the content to viewers and tweak frame rate parameters for smooth playback and uploading.
4. Support for compression
One of the problems with high-resolution 4K video files is their size, which affects the storage capacity and playback performance on some devices. WinX helps you in this regard by allowing you to reduce (compress) the file size of these videos while keeping their quality intact (up to 90%) without any visual quality loss, so you can watch 4K/UHD videos stutter-free and upload them to YouTube or other video sharing platforms faster.
5. Support for video downloading
Like we mentioned earlier, WinX doubles up as a video downloader, which enables it to help you find and download videos from thousands of different websites like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, and many others, right onto your computer.
In addition, it also gives you the option to choose the format (in which you want to download the video file) and its resolution, so you have better control over the quality and size of the video that you download.
How to Use WinX Video Converter
Despite offering a variety of features, WinX Video Converter is pretty easy to use. So, depending on what operation you want to perform, follow the steps below to learn how to do them.
But first, download and install WinX Video Converter on your Windows PC.
Download: WinX Video Converter
I. Convert Videos With WinX Video Converter
Converting a video with WinX Video Converter is fairly straightforward. All you have to do is perform a few simple steps.
- Click on the + Video button to add the video you want to convert by navigating to its location using the file explorer. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the video right into WinX.
- Once the video is loaded, choose an output format for the video from the pop-up window.
- Click the Browse button to pick a destination folder to save the converted video.
- Hit RUN in the bottom-right corner to start the video conversion.
While selecting output format, you have a few different options. So based on your requirements, choose a format from:
- General Profiles – to use a common output format
- to Music – to extract audio from your video
- Device Profile – to find a compatible playback format for your device
- Web Video Profile – to transcode a video for YouTube or other video platforms
- Common Video Profile – to convert a video into a device-specific format
Besides, you can enable/disable a few additional options, such as:
- Hardware Accelerator – to improve the video converting speed
- Use High Quality Engine – to retain better image quality during conversion
- Deinterlacing – to fix interlaced video
II. Edit Videos With WinX Video Converter
WinX features a bunch of editing options integrated right into the software. Follow the steps below to learn how to use them effectively.
- Load the video you want to edit on the software.
- Tap the loaded video and hit the Edit button to access all the editing options.
- Depending on what you want to do, click on the tab accordingly and perform the instructions as they follow.
For instance, if you want to add subtitles to the video, click on Subtitle and check the box next to Enable Subtitle. Next, select Inner if you want to use the existing subtitles in a video, or select Extra to add your own subtitles.
III. Download Online Videos With WinX Video Converter
Downloading online videos is very easy with WinX, and you can do so from hundreds of video-sharing websites on the internet. Here’s how to download these videos.
- Open the video you want to download in a web browser and copy its link.
- In WinX, tap the YouTube URL button.
- Paste the copied URL (video address) into the Video URL tab and hit Analyze to let WinX analyze the link.
- Once that’s done, select a resolution and format for the video and hit OK.
- Click RUN to start the download.
If you want to convert an online video like YouTube to MP3 or some other audio format, check the Auto convert option in the bottom left and select a format from the pop-up window.
IV. Create Slideshows With WinX Video Converter
WinX Video Converter also lets you create slideshows with just a few simple steps, so you can transform your old photos and turn them into tiny movies with music in the background. The following steps will help you create slideshows using WinX.
- Click the Photo button in the toolbar.
- Use the file explorer to select the folder (carrying the photos out of which you want to create a slideshow) and tap Select Folder.
- Choose an output format in the Output Profile window and hit OK.
- Once the video is loaded, tap the Edit button on it to customize the slideshow.
- Tap on the dropdown button next to Interval to select an interval for the slideshow. Or, alternatively, tap Auto Calculate to set the interval automatically.
- Click on the Add Music at the bottom and import the music file you want to use in your slideshow.
- Hit RUN to create the slideshow.
Once done, you can use the built-in media player to playback the slideshow and see how it turned out.
Convert Videos and Do More With WinX Video Converter
As you’ve already seen by now, WinX Video Converter is more than just a video conversion software. It is a powerful tool that lets you perform a wide range of operations, everything from editing videos and creating slideshows from images to downloading online videos, all in one place, at absolutely zero cost.
So, if you’re looking for a video converting or video downloading utility, WinX Video Converter is probably the best software you can get out there.
WinXDVD also offers a paid version of WinX called WinX HD Video Converter, which comes with a few additional features and is available for both Windows and Mac. As of writing this, you can get it for $29.95, with a 30-day money-back guarantee.