How to Download Android Apps on Windows 11 Right Now [Guide]
Guide to download and use Android apps on Windows 11
- Microsoft surprised everyone back in June by announcing Android Apps support on Windows 11. But the feature was left out on beta and stable builds.
- The tech giant has now announced support for Android Apps for Windows Insiders.
- Today, we will have a detailed look at how you can download and use Android apps on Windows 11.
Microsoft surprised everyone back in June by announcing Android Apps support on Windows 11. Due to this, many users were excited since they no longer need to use Bluestacks or any third-party software for running android apps on Windows.
However, Microsoft did not add support for Android apps in early beta builds and also the latest public build leaving people wondering if the tech giant had dropped plans for it completely.
Thankfully, Microsoft has gone ahead and announced Android app support on the latest Windows 11 Insiders beta build.
Today, we will have a detailed look at how you can download these apps on your Windows 11 machine and also run them natively with ease.
- An active internet connection
- Registered for Windows Insider Program
- Running beta 22000.282 or above build of Windows 11
- US Amazon Account (there’s a workaround if you don’t have one)
- PC Region set to US
- Virtualization enabled
Download Android Apps on Windows 11
Microsoft has made it really easy to download and use Android apps natively on Windows 11 and has partnered with Amazon for its app store. So let’s check out how you can download these apps using the Amazon App Store.
Downloading From Amazon Store
- Navigate to this link and click Install below the Amazon App Store icon. A pop window will appear, here click on the Download button. (Please be patient as download may take some time.)
- After the download is completed, click Next and then hit Restart.
- Open the Amazon app store and log in with your Amazon credentials. (Make sure it’s a US Amazon account)
- You will now be greeted with a bunch of Android Apps to choose from. Pick your preferred Android app.
- Once done, click on the Install button and it will start downloading the app on your PC.
Boom, you have successfully installed the Android app on your Windows 11 PC.
Using these apps is not a fuss either. Once downloaded, just look for the downloaded app on the home screen and double click on it to launch the application.
How to Change Region to the US for Android App Support
Since the Android app’s support is limited only to the US for now, users will need to change their current region if they are based out of the country. So let us have a look at how you can region in Windows 11.
- Open Settings and navigate to Time and Language.
- Under Time and Language, click on the Language and Region option.
- Here, scroll down a bit and click on the country name under the Region section.
- Now, choose United States from the drop-down menu and restart your PC.
Successfully Running Android Apps on Windows 11
So as you can see, downloading and installing Android apps on Windows 11 is a pretty straightforward process. It is nice to see Microsoft bring this functionality to Windows, thereby offering flexibility to its users. However, the collection of Android apps available on Windows 11 is pretty bad. Soon, we will share how to sideload APKs on Windows 11 which should make it better for everyone.
Do let us know in the comment below which is your favorite Android app on Windows 11. Also, we will soon be covering the Best Android apps for Windows 11, so stay tuned.